SMG is the title of a group of common submachine guns in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. They are manufactured exclusively by scavs and commonly spawn with the Tediore, scav, or Maliwan barrels.
Usage & Description
These weapons can spawn with either of three barrels which gives them different properties according to the manufacturer:
- Tediore – Increased reload speed and accuracy at the cost of weapon base damage.
- Scav – Increased damage at the cost of accuracy.
- Maliwan – Increased accuracy and elemental effect chance.
- Marek's Mouth – Unique submachine gun that is always corrosive but can apply another random bonus elemental effect.
- Meat Grinder – Unique submachine gun that fires three bullets at the cost of two.
- The SMG is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
- The increased elemental effect chance perk of the Maliwan barrel is technically never available to this weapon because any SMG with a Maliwan barrel has a separate gun title depending on the element.