A Relic is an item that passively boosts one or more aspects of a character. Though the abilities of relics are extremely varied, they are generally powerful bonuses to one or more related statistics, many of which can be increased by no other means.
A relic is different from an Artifact in that its use does not augment the user's Action Skill, is not restricted by class and may or may not be tied to a specific element. Relics appear only in Borderlands 2. All relics are made by Eridians.
- Vitality Relic - Boosts the character's maximum health by a percentage up to 50%.
- Allegiance Relic - Boosts a specific manufacturer's effects (reducing recoil, increasing damage, accuracy, reload speed, etc.). Can have a maximum of two effects simultaneously; both are applied to the same manufacturer.
- Stockpile Relic - Boosts the munitions a character can carry of a specific class of weapons. Can also increase the maximum number of grenades a character can carry. Maximum of three can be increased simultaneously.
- Protection Relic - Boosts shield capacity and/or recharge rate.
- Aggression Relic - Increases weapon damage or fire rate with a specific weapon type (pistols, sniper rifles, etc).
- Resistance Relic - Boosts resistances to one or several elemental or non-elemental damage types. Maximum of four resistances may be present.
- Tenacity Relic - Improves the bleed out time in Fight for Your Life before death, and/or improves the health characters revive with after a Second Wind.
- Elemental Relic - Increases damage dealt with a specific elemental damage type.
- Proficiency Relic - Increases Action Skill Cooldown Rate.
- Strength Relic - Increases melee damage and/or Override Cooldown Rate.
Unique, Legendary and Seraph Relics
- The Afterburner - Enhances vehicle capabilities including Boost Capacity, Boost Recharge Rate, Boost Recharge Delay.
- Blood of Terramorphous - Regenerates 0.5% of your health every second. (The health regeneration will always be 0.5%, regardless of the relic's required level.
- Captain Blade's Otto Idol - Restores a portion of the user's health on kill, Decreases Fight For Your Life duration.
- Moxxi's Endowment - Increases experience gained by killing enemies.
- Sheriff's Badge - Increases pistol fire rate, pistol damage, Increased Fight For Your Life duration and max health by 15% for every Deputy's Badge in the party.
- Deputy's Badge - Increases shotgun damage and reload speed. +10% duration to Fight For Your Life for every equipped Deputy's Badge in the party.
- Vault Hunter's Relic - Increases the chance of finding rare loot by 5%. (Chance of enemies dropping green rarity loot instead of white)
- Lucrative Opportunity - Speeds up the Shop Timer Rate, the time taken for the vendors and their machines to restock.
- Blood of the Seraphs - Increases health statistics and adds health regeneration. No longer changes stats each time the relic is equipped.
- Might of the Seraphs - Enhances melee ability and melee override cooldown rate.
- Breath of the Seraphs - Grants bonus damage and health regeneration for a short time after killing an enemy to gain Second Wind.
- Shadow of the Seraphs - Increased chance of firing an extra bullet after a shot, similar to Zer0's Tw0 Fang.
- Mysterious Amulet - Visual aura at wearers' feet that grows and changes based on the number of players in game with the amulet equipped.
Ancient E-tech Relics
- Blood of the Ancients - Increases max health and ammo carrying capacity.
- Bone of the Ancients - Increases Damage of one elemental type and improves Action Skill Cooldown Rate.
- Heart of the Ancients - Increases Damage from one specific weapon type, improves Fight for Your Life time and the HP gain from Second Wind.
- Skin of the Ancients - Increases resistances of up to three elemental types, including non-elemental. Also improves shield Recharge Rate and/or Capacity.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.