“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Special Weapon Effects
That's gotta burn. – Always corrosive. Fires 7 projectiles in a biohazard symbol pattern. Each pellet that hits an emeny has a chance to create 2 links chaining from the target hit to nearby enemies, dealing 10 damage ticks over 2 seconds. Chains can hit a new enemy or chain back to the original target.
Usage & Description
The Reflux is functionally identical to the Brainstormer with the main difference being that it deals corrosive damage instead of shock, along with almost double the damage.
The more enemies that are hit in a chain, the more links are created between them, which exponentially increases the Reflux's damage while shooting into a crowd. If no enemies are nearby, no corrosive links will occur, greatly reducing the effectiveness of the weapon. The Reflux is an excellent mobbing weapon, although it can only kill bosses that have other enemies nearby.
Each link deals 10 damage tics over 2 seconds, and each enemy can be affected by 5 links at a time. With 5 enemies clumped together, the character can potentially be dealing over 25 damage tics per second. This comes into play with artifacts such as The Pearl of Ineffable Knowledge and the Flesh Melter artifacts, as the Reflux's ability to damage multiple enemies simultaneously allows characters to gain stacks incredibly quickly. Each link also trigger's FL4K's Megavore skill. Combined with the Head Count and Leave No Trace skills, the Reflux can recharge Fade Away in seconds, regenerate ammo constantly, and mow through crowds of enemies.
- Despite dealing corrosive damage, the Reflux always spawns with the shock element weapon part, giving it blue lights and the ability to spawn with the Cash-Infused prefix.
- Although the bolt's way of dealing damage may look similar to a Status effect, only gun damage modifiers are applied, not status effect modifiers. Thus, Amara's Anima skill cannot increase the duration of this effect.
- A Reflux with the Redundant prefix will consume 2 ammo per shot and fire 14 pellets, increasing the chances of causing more shock bolts.
- Bonus elemental damage from shields, grenade mods, or skills like Amara's Infusion and Forceful Expression, also increase the chance of causing more bolts.
- The Reflux can sometimes link to FL4K's pets. This won't damage the pets, but it will mean that more links will be created and thus more damage will be dealt. This can be especially effective with the Red Fang class mod.
- The name, flavor text and fixed element are a reference to the Gastroesophageal reflux disease, also known as "acid reflux".