Patch 1.4.0 was released on the 28th of September to support the release of Claptrap's New Robot Revolution.
- Certain items, such as loyalty class mods, will no longer be destroyed when loading a map other than the location they were originally found
- Added support for DLC4.
Steam Update Notes
Patch notes released on Steam carried a more comprehensive version of the same message:
- Product Update - Valve
- Updates to Borderlands have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Adds DLC Support: Ensure Cross Compatibility between owners of ClapTrap’s New Robot Revolution content with those who do not own the New Revolution content.
- Stops removing valid weapons and items: Some legitimately-obtained items and weapons were being inaccurately tagged as invalid or hacked, and were being deleted from players’ inventory. The patch ensures that only invalid weapons & items are deleted.
- Patch Notes (gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com)
- Retail Update 1.4.0 (gearboxsoftware.com)
- PC Retail Update 1.4.0 (Retail German/censored version) (gearboxsoftware.com)
- Borderlands product page (gearboxsoftware.com)
- Borderlands product page (German/censored version) (gearboxsoftware.com)
- Steam update notes
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.