“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Orc is obtained from the mission Magic Slaughter: Round 5 in Murderlin's Temple.
Special Weapon Effects
Have I achieved worth yet? – Bullets split in two on ricochet, but do not ricochet by default. Has a chance to randomly activate a short-lived boost with the following effects:
- +1 pellets per shot, for a total of two.
- +50% Fire Rate
- +50% Extra Shot Chance
- +17% Damage
- +100% Reload Speed
- All bullets ricochet off walls.
This bonus lasts for approximately 6 seconds and can be triggered by firing, reloading, swapping weapons, or opening a menu.
Usage & Description
The Orc's special boost may be passed to another weapon by switching, similar to the Grog Nozzle sharing its drunken effect with switched weapons. Rocket Launchers may benefit greatly from the Orc's buff, enjoying an increased projectile count while consuming no additional rocket ammo, and in particular, having their long reload times significantly shortened.
The Orc is an effective off-hand weapon for Gunzerkers, as the special fire rate, reload speed, and split/ricochet boost will transfer to the main hand weapon when it activates, as well as to the other weapon pair when switching.
- The flavor text on this weapon is a direct quote from the Discworld novel Unseen Academicals.
- This is one of the very few purple rarity weapons in the game that sport a red flavor text.
- The Orc's special effect can activate while driving a vehicle, and will also affect the vehicle's machine gun.
- When the bonus is active, a 'x1' pellet count will be added to the weapon card. This can only be seen by swapping away from and back to the Orc while the bonus is active.