O.P.Q. System is a legendary assault rifle in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Atlas and is exclusive to the Revenge of the Cartels seasonal event. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Josie Byte, Franco Firewall, and Joey Ultraviolet located in Villa Ultraviolet.
Special Weapon Effects
B.Y.O.B.B. – Greatly increased stats. Occasionally causes a shock explosion on hit. Alternative Fire mode deploys a hovering drone replica of the gun which follows the wielder and fires at targets. Reduced alt-fire regeneration speed.
Usage & Description
The O.P.Q. System improves on the already impressive stats of a Q-System. Along with a high damage per shot and effective ammo use, the O.P.Q. System can further increase its damage output using its alternate firing mode, although it loses out the ability to track enemies with tracking rounds. Regardless, it is an incredibly powerful gun overall, and is generally considered to be one of the best weapons in Borderlands 3.
Care should be taken at close range, as the shock explosions can easily down the user.
- The O.P.Q. System will always spawn with the "Cost-Effective" prefix.
- The gun's drones fire at a much slower rate and cannot deal critical hits.
- It is possible to spawn more than one drone at a time by refilling secondary ammo using ammo restoration or multiple projectile effects.
- Drone weapons will benefit from anointed stats, even those that have specific conditions.
- Because the O.P.Q. System was only obtainable during an event that's no longer active, it is not possible to get a variant higher than level 57 without editing the save file. It also cannot have terror anointments without save file editing, and any anointments that were added after the end of the Cartel event.
- The weapon's name is an abbreviation of "Over-Powered Q-System".
- The flavor text is a reference to a scene from The Simpsons episode "Lisa the Vegetarian", where Homer Simpson prints invitations to a barbecue which reads "Come to Homer's BBBQ. The extra B is for BYOBB." While he notes the extra B in "BBBQ" is intentional, Homer reveals the extra B in "BYOBB" (Bring Your Own Bottle) is an actual typo.