Special Weapon Effects
Blows Up Everything!!! – The Norfleet hurls three large purple rockets in a horizontal line. Incredibly high damage, decreased accuracy, large blast radius, and increased ammo consumption. Each rocket travels at a rather slow speed on an erratic trajectory (not in a straight line), with each rocket dealing a tremendous amount of damage while covering a large area of effect.
After an enemy takes damage from the Norfleet's projectiles, its body is surrounded by a blue field of cataclysmic plasma.
Usage & Description
The fire pattern of the Norfleet differs from any other rocket launcher in the game but can be used in much the same manner. The same safety precautions apply: if the projectiles land too close the user will take damage (and will probably be knocked down by the massive damage), but even in many cases it is possible for the Norfleet's elemental effect to still apply to the wielder without taking direct blast damage.
When firing the Norfleet, it will become immediately clear that the projectiles scatter, almost always guaranteeing direct hits on enemies, making the Norfleet best for dealing damage over a massive area as well as tagging multiple enemies with elemental damage assuming they are not immediately eliminated.
Like any other E-tech rocket launchers (apart from Bandit manufactured), the cataclysm cycle produced by the impacts of the Norfleet projectiles are particularly useful, as these will ignore terrain and cover and will cause direct damage to anything within the cataclysmic radius, including the elemental effect. This property makes it one of the most powerful weapons in the game, with the rarity to match.
The Norfleet is also useful if the user has been downed and needs to get a Second Wind, as the sheer damage and the tripled cataclysm effect can almost guarantee a revive from the weaker enemies in a crowd, the only exceptions being high-tier badasses or overleveled enemies.
While The Norfleet can typcially hold its own in most situations, it does suffer from unlisted increased ammo consumption, consuming 3 rockets per shot. This should be noted, as rockets can cost a substantial amount of money and are uncommon in ammo boxes. This trait may hinder prolonged usage, as a price to pay for its absurd damage output and raw power.
- In terms of damage the Norfleet's total damage output can exceed the Torgue-manufactured Nukem and even the Tunguska if all three projectiles hit their mark.
- This means that The Norfleet boast the highest base damage per shot in the entire game, even excluding its elemental damage.
- Due to the unstable flight path of its projectiles, the Norfleet is best used at close to medium range in order to saturate a large area with one or two volleys.
- Norfleet projectiles are affected by Vel0city and Precisi0n, making it possible for an Assassin to utilise the Norfleet at a slightly longer range than other characters.
- A hotfix on 10/28/13 increased the reload speed and elemental effect chance on the Norfleet and all other Maliwan rocket launchers as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- Though it's shown in-game as a Legendary, the game treats it as a Unique weapon (similar to the Longbow). This results in its absence from the Legendary loot pool and can only be obtained from Vermivorous and Hyperius.
- The flavour text is dark orange, rather than the usual red colour.
- This is the only item in the game to have this and it is unknown why.