Night of the Living Ned is The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned story mission given by Jakobs ECHO. It has you find Ned and kill him to end his reign of terror.
- "Ned is in the mill. There is nothing in your way. Kill him."
- Assassinate Dr. Ned for the Jakobs Corporation.
- Dr. Ned killed
- Fight your way to the mill, find Dr. Ned which is in the last room of The Mill. The fight is straight forward, he has a weak shield and moderate health. Kill him!
- "That was easy."
- Completing this mission will unlock the achievement Night of the Living Ned.
- "Turns out hes a bad guy ... who knew?" - cutscene when you reach him at The Mill.
- When you kill him the credits begin to roll but are interrupted by a cut scene to the next mission.
- The mission name is based on the title of the famous zombie cult classic "Night of the Living Dead".
- The mission name also provides a bit of foreshadowing.
Dr. Ned sends several messages at mission walkthrought:
- 1st, after the 2nd bridge: "Keep coming. I don't care. I actually designed this shit in stages so it would be more entertaining for me."
- 2nd, after Wereskags killed: "Alright. What's Jakobs payin' you? I'd offer to double it, but I'm poor as dirt after spending every cent I had into the recreational use of the undead as money makers. So far, not diggin' my plan in hindsight."
- 3rd, during the 3rd bridge: "Alright, alright. You're makin' a nice little dent in my undead army. That's the beauty of the undead – if you kill them they're just dead again, and I just fire up the mojo, and make them re-undead and they're back to gnawin' at your hind fat."
- 4th, during the 3rd bridge: "Okay, now you're just getting my dress all a-twitter. If I have to get out of bed and kill you I sure as hell will. Yeah, I'm Echo communicating from bed. So, what?"
- 5th, during The Mill: "Well, you got me out of bed. Now I'm just pissed off. I love slippers. I live to wear them. Now I'm just gonna have to kill you."
- and during cutscene: "You smell like popcorn. Now I'm pissed!"