Night Hawkin is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Dahl. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Demoskaggon located in The Droughts and from I'm Rakkman located in Carnivora, both on Pandora.
Special Weapon Effects
Stranger than things. – Switches between cryo and incendiary damage depending on the time of day (day time for cryo, night time for incendiary) with each hit increasing in elemental effect chance. No delay between bursts.
Usage & Description
The Night Hawkin performs well with deadly precision and high damage for an elemental. It is difficult to utilize the elements efficiently since they change from day to night, so it can prove ineffective when fighting the wrong types of enemies.
Fully automatic versions tend to have higher recoil than semi-automatic versions as well as a much lower fire rate. The lack of delay on the burst fire can empty an entire magazine in a very short time, dealing high DPS.
- The weapon card will always display the cryo stats for the weapon regardless of time of day.
- Due to level restrictions on weapons with cryo damage, low level variants of the weapon will not display any element on the weapon card but the special effect is still applied.
- Variants of the Night Hawkin that have a damage multiplier will fire multiple projectiles per shot without using additional ammo. The multiplier is only active during the day and will not display at night when the multiplier is not active.
- Due to a bug or limitation, any multiplier will only display on the weapon if either the game is loaded or the weapon is first picked up while it is the appropriate time of day and the gun can change modes. Guns stored on Sanctuary III never display this multiplier when the game is reloaded, even if they do when freshly stored.
- On the PS4, the DualShock 4 controller's backlight color will change depending on the element of the currently equipped weapon. This can be used to easily tell which of the Night Hawkin's elements is active (light blue for cryo and red-orange for incendiary).
- The flavor text and name are a reference to the 2016 web television series Stranger Things and the 2006 movie Stranger than Fiction.