“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Nemesis is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Dahl. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Mouthpiece located in Ascension Bluff on Pandora.
Special Weapon Effects
A righteous infliction of retribution. – Only spawns in Incendiary or Corrosive. Always spawns with the largest magazine (drum mag). Chance to deal shock damage in addition to the primary element.
Usage & Description
The Nemesis' dual element effect reduces the need for a standalone shock weapon when facing shielded enemies. It can function as a substitute for Maliwan weapons without having to stop and toggle the element used but comes at the cost of the shock damage being randomly applied.
- The Nemesis always has a green muzzle flash, regardless of its elemental capacitor.
- Shots from a Nemesis do not break lootable objects that must be struck to open. This does not occur with any other weapon.
- After a 3/12/2020 hotfix, the Nemesis had its damage increased.
- The Nemesis is a returning weapon from Borderlands but as a legendary Dahl pistol instead of a pearlescent Hyperion pistol.
- The flavor text is from the 2000 film Snatch, in which the character Brick Top gives the following quote: "Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me."