CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
Natural Selection Annex from Creature Slaughter Dome DLC is another Circle of Slaughter map. It is located to the right of the vending machines after entering the first structure in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve with the collapsed telescope (eastern end of the map).
DLC was released on December 12, 2012 as paid DLC and as a part of the Borderlands 2: GOTY Edition release on October 8, 2013. Entering without it is still possible if a pre-order or paid owner's game is joined. If the mission is obtained but not completed this way, access is granted independently until mission completion.
The arena itself is a mixture of all animal habitats in the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve, featuring slag ponds and stalker goo as well as varkid hives and skag holes.
- Creatures in the arena will focus on the Vault Hunters and not attack each other. However, they are likely to attack each other if the Vault Hunters are outside of their attack zone or line of sight. Skags and Stalkers are known to attack each other as well as other creatures.
- A Vault Hunter can get locked permanently in the spawning area. If the character is alone and dies after going to the meeting point but prior activating the switch (e.g. suiciding with a rocket launcher) it will respawn on the area for eliminated characters but the round won't count as failed, therefore effectively locking the character as the elevator will be disabled. The remedy is to save and exit.
- The DLC could originally only be accessed by purchasing a pre-order copy of Borderlands 2 from certain retailers that came with a special key for the DLC. Retailers that sold the pre-order DLC:
- United States (and parts of Europe) - GameStop
- United Kingdom - GAME UK
- Australia / New Zealand - EB Games
- France - Micromania
- Germany - World of Games
- Spain - GAME ES