Special Item Effects
While I fight with thee, dear friend, all losses are restored and sorrows end. – Visual aura at wearers' feet that grows based on the number of players in the game with the amulet equipped:
- No aura visible.
- White dust-like aura with hearts of variable sizes and shades of pink.
- Stars of white and yellow added, also of variable size.
- Pink flare effect is added, sometimes, random "Folk" music will start to play.
Usage & Description
The Amulet increases the "Friendship" statistic of the wearer by up to 7 points. This statistic is not seen prior to or outside of the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, and is not an actual statistic tied to the game's internal mechanisms.
Due to the game's presentation of the Mysterious Amulet as being a highly coveted and invaluable item to possess, while remaining ambiguous on its actual usefulness, the Mysterious Amulet's potentially hidden effects have become a source of extensive debate. Effects such as increasing the potency of a Pixie's buffs or summoning a Raid Boss at Unassuming Docks have been speculated by the community, but ultimately debunked. Apart from the visual effects when worn by multiple players no other effects have been confirmed.
With the Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary DLC, wearing the Mysterious Amulet when feeding Butt Stallion after completing the quest My Brittle Pony will cause it to produce the Unicornsplosion.
- The text on the amulet is a reference to William Shakespeare's Sonnet 30, the last two lines of which are "But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored and sorrows end."
- Upon acquiring the Amulet from Mr. Miz, he states "The secret lies in Fandir's grasp." The Striker shotgun's flavor text is "Fandir? Thirteen", however, no correlation beyond the mention of Fandir has been confirmed.