Mister Torgue High-Five Flexington, or Mr. Torgue shortly is the eponymous NPC of Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, the second DLC for Borderlands 2, and the 43-year-old founder of the weapon manufacturer Torgue.
Mr. Torgue, originally from the planet Hephaestus, was raised by his grandmother after his parents were killed in an explosion in an Eridium mine, sparking his resolution to master the power of explosions. With facial hair and pectoral muscles at a very young age, Torgue was shy around girls in school and was made fun of for being different. Torgue's first explosive weapon (simply a Jakobs rifle with dynamite taped to the barrel) nearly killed him, and after several dozen tests, he finally succeeded in creating his first functioning weapon. He would later sell his designs and company to the Torgue board of executives for $12 and a high-five. He maintained a position at Torgue purely for "PR reasons" and his job is solely to be the face of the Torgue company.
Having discovered a new Vault on Pandora buried in the Badass Crater of Badassitude that will only open "once the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward", Mr. Torgue set up his Campaign of Carnage as a tournament to find this champion and open the Vault. It is also revealed by Grandma Flexington that Mr. Torgue enjoys "Bunkers & Badasses", and treasures his time with the vault-hunters deeply. He views them as his only true friends.
Although he features heavily in the Campaign of Carnage DLC, Torgue himself does not appear "in the flesh" except in the introductory movie. He instead communicates via ECHO from his "space-truck" in deep orbit around Pandora.
Mr. Torgue is featured in the DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep in person, where it is revealed that "Mister Torgue" is his first name, and "Flexington" is his last. Grandma Flexington also mentions that "High-Five" is his middle name, following the Flexington tradition of using the grandfather's name as his middle name. He also admits to being an avid lover of Sci Fi, fantasy, unicorns, and *BLEEP* (in that order), and even breaks down in sobs when he is not allowed to play Bunkers & Badasses at first. Like Tina, he has a habit of making pointless quests for the Vault Hunters.
Mr. Torgue is present in the Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel but only as ECHO calls. He appears during Torgue-o! Torgue-o! where offers the Vault Hunters a unique Torgue shotgun and in Zapped 3.0, where he forces the Vault Hunters to destroy the laser weapon and again rewards then with another Torgue shotgun.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Main article: Mr. Torgue/Quotes
- See also: Torgue Token Vendor Quotes
- Mr. Torgue has a soft spot for Whale Squids, referring to them as "Princes of the sea".
- The beep censoring of Mr. Torgue's swearing is apparently due to an alteration made to his voice itself. A random announcement from Mr. Torgue played in the Badass Crater area says, in part, "THE TORGUE SHAREHOLDERS WIRED MY VOICEBOX WITH A DIGITAL CENSOR SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SH*T, C*CK, OR P*SSY-F*CKIN' D*CKBALLS. THAT'S LIKE HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY."
- Torgue's "space truck" is a reference to the Deep Purple song Space Truckin'.
- Mr. Torgue says he is 43 years old in an interview with/by Tiny Tina.
- According to a broadcast in Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Torgue paid for the entire Campaign of Carnage tournament all by himself.
- Mr. Torgue's ECHO image suggests that he wears a Torgue-themed shirt/vest, however his in game model does not show this shirt/vest.
- Mr. Torgue dislikes laser weapons.
- It was revealed in a Gearbox interview that Mr. Torgue is bisexual .
- ↑ Interview with a Vault Hunter, Echo Recording 4
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/fight-for-your-loot-in-borderlands-2s-torgue-dlc
- ↑ Inside the Box: Inclusivity – Developers Blogs