Mordecai mentions Mobley as a small-time bandit. Mobley is intent on finding Mordecai's treasure chest but did not know its location. After Carson is imprisoned in the Friendship Gulag, Mobley tricked Carson into revealing the chest's location before killing him and escaping the gulag.
Mobley emerges from the nearby church as soon as the missing stash is dug out of the right grave. When he appears, he states that he had not dug up the treasure in fear there could be a trap. He then demands the Vault Hunter give him the loot. Shortly thereafter, Gettle, a Hyperion lackey also hunting for the stash appears, and attempts to arrest both the Vault Hunters and Mobley, the latter suggesting they resolve it with a truxican standoff. Mobley and Gettle are then killed by the Vault Hunters.
- Main article: The Good, The Bad, and the Mordecai
- Mobley has an increased chance to drop the legendary Veruc assault rifle.
- Mobley carries a Nova Shield, which appears as an enlarged shield booster on his chest.
- Mobley is named after Gearbox Senior Designer Drew Mobley.
- Mobley is illiterate, as he claims that he "can't read" during the mission.