“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Mind-Killer is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Maliwan. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Mouthpiece located in Ascension Bluff on Pandora.
Special Weapon Effects
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. – Does not require charging to fire. Significantly increased damage, and never spawns with an element. Hip fire shoots 9 pellets in a circle with one in the middle. When zoomed in, the pellets fire in a "+" pattern. Pellets penetrate targets and disappear after a set distance.
Usage & Description
Unlike generic Maliwan shotguns, the Mind-Killer fires instantly, allowing for both a higher fire rate and faster reaction times against enemies. While it will never spawn with an element, its instant charge time and high damage are potent, allowing it to tear through enemies with sheer force alone.
The Mind-Killer's fixed projectile patterns make it more accurate than most other shotguns, allowing it to be used for medium-range combat, though its pellets disappear after a set distance.
- The Mind-Killer does not spawn with an elemental capacitor.
- The Mind-Killer uses a similar style of projectile to the The Killing Word, being a blue-red cluster of audio bars.
- If the trigger is held down to charge the weapon, the Mind-Killer produces the same sounds as Mouthpiece's speakerphones.
- While a shot can still be charged, doing so does not affect the projectile's behaviour.
- The weapon name and flavor text are a reference to the Litany Against Fear from the 1965 novel Dune by Frank Herbert.
- The Mind-Killer is one of the few Maliwan weapons in the series that do not feature an elemental capacitor.