Mind-Killer is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Maliwan. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Mouthpiece located in Ascension Bluff on Pandora.
Special Weapon Effects
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. – Does not require charging to fire. Significantly increased damage. Fires penetrating projectiles styled after amplifier bars and disappears after traveling for some distance. Hip fire shoots 9 pellets (eight in a circle and one in the middle). When zoomed in, the pellets fire in a "+" pattern.
Usage & Description
Unlike generic Maliwan shotguns, the Mind-Killer fires instantly, allowing for both a higher fire rate and faster reaction times against enemies. While it will never spawn with an element, its instant charge time and high damage are potent, allowing it to tear through enemies with sheer force alone.
The Mind-Killer's fixed projectile patterns make it more accurate than most other shotguns, allowing it to be used for medium-range combat, though its pellets disappear after a set distance.
- The Mind-Killer cannot spawn with an elemental capacitor.
- The Mind-Killer uses a similar style of projectile to the The Killing Word, being a blue-red cluster of amplifier bars.
- If the trigger is held down to charge the weapon, the Mind-Killer produces the same sounds as Mouthpiece's speakerphones.
- Charging a shot does not affect the projectile's behavior in any other way.
- The weapon name and flavor text are a reference to the Litany Against Fear from the 1965 novel Dune by Frank Herbert.
- The Mind-Killer is one of the few Maliwan weapons in the series that do not feature an elemental capacitor.