“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
|Appearances||Random spawn in Sanctuary|
Michael can be found randomly at one of several spots around Sanctuary:
- Near the newsstand in Sanctuary's main plaza
- In an alley down the street from the front entrance to Moxxi's
- Inside Moxxi's, near the bar
- Inside Moxxi's, in the side room across from Sir Hammerlock
- In Marcus' weapons shop
- Near Claptrap's location, at the end of the street and in front of a building
- Inside Scooter's garage, near a stack of tires
- Inside Crimson Raider headquarters in the room with Tannis
- Inside Zed's clinic
- To the left of the door to Crazy Earl's Black Market
- The NPC shares his name with a Borderlands fan that passed away in October 2011. Michael's friend, Carlo, sent Gearbox an email requesting that a short eulogy be read by Claptrap in order to honor his late friend's memory. Gearbox also promised to include Michael in Borderlands 2 as a tribute to the late Borderlands fan.
- Based on a test of 500 trials performed by user Dark_Force9999 in Gearbox Forums, his ratio appears to be 95% blue, 4.5% purple and 0.5% orange.
- Based on a test of 1014 trials performed by user Heycarnut posted at Gearbox forums, the ratios were 89% blue, 11% purple, 0% orange. Assuming the 0.5% orange rate inferred from an earlier test by another poster, there is only about 0.6% chance of not seeing an orange in this many drops, strongly indicating the rate may be much lower.
- In the unpatched console versions, Michael has a 100% spawn chance before Sanctuary is relocated, after which point his spawn rates returns to the default 10%. In the PC version, he always has the normal 10% spawn chance.
- It seems that when you first talk to him, he will give you a gun that is based on your level. If you level up and talk to him again after saving and quitting, he will still only give you a gun based on the level you were when you first talked to him.
- It could also be that item he gives you is tied to the level of the current story quest/sanctuary level like moxxi's items. Based on talking to him and getting a level 9 rare smg at level 10, then at level 28 talking to him again and getting a blue level 22 item.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.