Marshall Friedman represents what passes for the law in the town of Sanctuary. He can be found initially in the shade of a building near the south entrance of Moxxi's, and then relocates to a murder crime scene outside the arms dealership after Sanctuary becomes airborne. Being somewhat puzzled by the murder, he is only too happy to enlist a passing Vault Hunter as his deputy to pass the buck. He does much the same again when distancing himself even further from a falling out between a quartet of BFFs.
- "Been a couple of days since the last bandit raid. I'd say things are lookin' up!"
- "Anybody got some apple cider?"
- "I remember the times before Jack. Better times ... when you'd get killed by a skag instead of a firing squad."
- "I say we bust in there and we find the goddamn evidence!"
- "I'm something of a folkophile."
- "My boots are made of the finest stalker-skin."
- "As you were, everybody."
- "I ran for Sheriff of Lynchwood once. Got 20% of the vote before Hyperion chased me out."
- "Friggin' underground Eridium trade's gotta be stopped."
- "I am proficient in both didgeridoo and jew's harp."