“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Maggie is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Jakobs. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Turnkey Tim located in Floodmoor Basin on Eden-6.
Special Weapon Effects
Monty's wife don't take no guff. – Fires 6 projectiles per shot, with decreased accuracy and damage per projectile. Increased magazine size and critical hit damage.
Usage & Description
The Maggie is a special Masher-style pistol. It will greatly out-perform most revolvers at the same level on damage output at the cost of accuracy.
Due to the pellet spread, the Maggie is best used in close to medium range. When considering its high rate of fire, damage, and the large ammunition pool for pistols, the Maggie can naturally operate as a highly effective shotgun substitute.
- The Maggie does equal to slightly more gun damage than generic high-rarity Jakobs Mashers and is less accurate. In exchange, it has a much larger magazine and critical damage bonus.
- The Maggie has a fixed magazine size of 9.
- The Maggie always spawns with the "Dastardly" prefix.
- As with other Jakobs guns, it goes well with FL4K's Fade Away action skill and Guerrillas in the Mist augment.
- As of the June 25 2020 patch, the Maggie deals noticably more damage.
- As of the October 8 2020 hotfix, the damage was further increased.
- The Maggie is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2.
- Unlike most legendary weapons, the name and flavor text are not a pop-culture reference but instead draw from in-game lore. "Monty" refers to Montgomery Jakobs, the founder of the Jakobs corporation; his wife was named Maggie, as mentioned in at least one Echo log found on the Family Jewel.