- Elemental Damage: +0.4% per stack.
Shock and Incendiary damage inflicted (including damage-over-time ticks) give stacks of the 'Maelstrom' buff, increasing elemental damage. Stacks steadily decay and the rate increases as the stack count gets higher.
- Elemental attacks inflicted by the Aspis (i.e. Prismatic Aegis, Zeus' Rage, etc.) count towards Maelstrom stacks.
- Maelstrom benefits most from elemental weapons with high elemental proc rates and high rates of fire, such as Maliwan SMGs. Each hit (as well as each 'tick' from damage-over-time) counts towards Maelstrom's stack. Slower weapons, such as shotguns, sniper rifles, and rocket launchers are not fast enough to effectively keep up Maelstrom (particularly at high stack counts) unless numerous enemies are hit simultaneously and the elemental effect triggers on most or all of them.
- Hyperion shotguns using the Tediore/Hyperion Barrel are exceptions as they have high rates of fire and, provided if they are of the correct elements, can also quickly build up stacks.
- Thunderfire has great synergy with this skill as it deals both incendiary and shock damage, making it gain stacks twice as fast.
- Common Tesla grenades and the Storm Front can build stacks quickly and ensure that Conduit is always active.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.