MINAC's Atonement is a unique aftermarket laser manufactured by Maliwan in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and is exclusive to the Claptastic Voyage DLC. It is obtained from the mission Rose Tinting located in Cluster 00773 P4ND0R4.
Special Weapon Effects
I'm not always that dangerously homicidal… – Randomly selects corrosive, incendiary or shock for each shot. Reduced fire rate. Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
Usage & Description
MINAC's Atonement is able to kill enemies from sheer damage alone, compared to standard Maliwan weapons that tend to rely on heavy damage over time. Due to its random element for every shot, MINAC's Atonement can be used on a wide range of enemies without being heavily resisted, and will still deal reliable damage over time.
Additionally, MINAC's Atonement has a 150% continuous damage bonus, which encourages sustained fire to amplify the weapon's already high damage. This weapon also benefits greatly from fire rate bonuses for the same reason.
- The weapon's damage-over-time is not listed on its weapon card.
- If Athena is heavily invested in the Ceraunic Storm tree, she can quickly build stacks of Maelstrom with this weapon. Upon getting kills, her Unrelenting skill gives her great rate of fire with high Maelstrom.
- Claptrap can build stacks of Maniacal Laughter very quickly when using this weapon.
- MINAC's Atonement cannot be used in a Grinder recipe.
- The name is a callback to the final boss in the Claptrap's New Robot Revolution DLC for Borderlands. The boss is named as Mega Interplantery Ninja Assassin Claptrap, a.k.a. M.I.N.A.C.