Lyuda (often referred to as the "Lyudmila") is a legendary sniper rifle in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Vladof. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Gettle located in The Dust.
Special Weapon Effects
Man Killer – Shoots one projectile that splits into three projectiles after a certain time on a horizontal plane. Distance at which the bullet splits is relative to time of the shot. 125% critical hit bonus. The barrel also gives an improved weapon spread and accuracy impulse.
Usage & Description
The Lyuda is a variant of the Vladof Droog sniper rifle, and shares that weapon's fast fire rate and high capacity magazine. The combination of these attributes and its firing of a splitting projectile for the cost of one sniper round makes the Lyuda a desirable weapon for most players, as it can serve as a high damage, long range assault rifle.
The Lyuda's bullet spread, while highly predictable, is quite large for single-shot use. Players may want to avoid using this weapon on single or weak enemies. Instead, they might take advantage of its spread on a large group of enemies, or a single enemy which is either physically gigantic or has so many hit points that automatic fire is practical to use.
- The additional projectiles deal 75% of the listed damage.
- The horizontal spread is temporarily reduced to a single point after each shot, but very rapidly returns to full width. The return to full spread width is so rapid that it is nearly impossible to use this feature except when holding down the trigger for automatic fire.
- Only one stack of Critical Ascensi0n can be obtained per shot, even if multiple pellets crit. Even accounting for this, its rapid fire makes it an effective means of acquiring stacks rapidly.
- An unspecified patch on PS3 changed the name of the "White Death" sniper rifle to "Lyuda." Players using an un-patched .sav file may still find "White Death" rifles. This patch was also given to the PS Vita port of the game, which changed the name to the Lyuda, and then another unspecified patch changed it to Lyudmila.
- The only way to get a "White Death" rifle is to play the Xbox 360 version.
- On PS4, Xbox One, PC, and PS Vita it is called the "Lyudmila".
- On PC, the name was changed after the release of the Commander Lilith & the Fight for Sanctuary DLC.
- The weapon's original name is a reference to Simo Häyhä, a Finnish sniper with 505 recorded kills during the Winter War between Finland and Russia from 1939 to 1940, earning him the nickname White Death.
- The weapon's changed name of Lyuda refers to female Soviet sniper Lyudmila Pavlichenko, with 309 confirmed kills during World War II, making her one of the most successful female snipers in history. The name Lyuda is the diminutive form of the name Lyudmila.
- In Russian localization this name was changed to "Maxim" (rus. Максим) to keep masculine gender in names and prefixes of items.