Luneshine effects, which were introduced in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, are special effects which can present in any weapon, including Legendary and are capable of granting varying bonuses. Luneshine weapons have glowing lines across the weapon's body.
The luneshine effects can only be differentiate from the weapon's card alone, not from the appearance, as all of them have no visual distinct.
List of Luneshine bonuses
- Boominator: +5% grenade damage
- Fast Learner: +XP from kills
- Harden Up: +3% maximum shield capacity
- Oxygenator: +1 O2 unit after damaging an enemy
- Piercing Rounds: +30% chance to ignore shields
- Punisher: +10% critical damage
- Safe Guard: +3% capacity added to shields on kill
- Serenity: -20% O2 consumption rate
Luneshine weapon sources
- The Grinder in Concordia: Grinding with moonstones guarantee the best possible result with a slight chance of generating luneshine weapons.
- Moonstone Chests: Each requires 40 moonstones to open and have a chance of containing at least one luneshine weapon.
- The Luneshine effect is exclusively stored in the secondary accessory part. Which were present but never used in Borderlands 2.
- All weapons in the game are capable of having a Luneshine bonus, including Unique as the game treats them as legit weapon. However, Unique weapons can never spawn with a Luneshine bonus in-game. This is only possible with save-file modding.