Lumber Yard is an area of the Jakobs Cove region, which was added to Borderlands with the first expansion Zombie Island of Dr. Ned (DLC). The area is accessible only after completing several of the main storyline missions. It is the northern most transition point. Lumber Yard is also referred to as "The Mill" or "Jakobs Mill".
The Lumber Yard is the main reason the town of Jakobs Cove was built. Jakobs takes pride in using real wood in the manufacture of its weapons. Having located a source of wood on Pandora, Jakobs Corporation set up operations and built the town, hospital and mill.
- Suicide Zombie
- Loot Goon
- Psycho Zombie
- Midget Zombie
- Lance Zombie
Points of Interest
- Mysery Machine - A broken down bus. An ammo and med vendor are here, sign on bus above front windows reads "404 in service".
- Supply Store - A weapons vendor is next to the door. Around back is a white weapons chest.
- Drawbridge - It is inaccessible past this point until you receive the device from Jakobs' Claptrap.
- Jakobs Lumber Mill entrance - a walled bridge with a gate on the far end.
- Claptrap - There is a Claptrap near the Mill entrance laying next to a log cutting building. The repair kit is hidden on the backside of some logs that you have to jump up a "ramp" log to get to. He activates the machine which eventually drops a weapons crate after you follow him.
- ECHO Recorder: "Haunted Forest?" by Harry - Located at next to the bus.
- ECHO Recorder: "Zombie Killin'" by Jethro Shedd - just past the drawbridge off to your left is a small pier at the river.