“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Lucky 7 is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Jakobs. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Scraptrap Prime located in The Compactor.
Special Weapon Effects
O Fortuna. – Has a chance to get a bonus effect after a reload. Increased magazine size.
Usage & Description
The Lucky 7 is an unpredictable weapon, since the chance of gaining special effects from a reload is randomized. It can perform very well, or if no bonuses occur, perform like a normal Jakobs pistol. Even so, it is overall an impressive and dependable weapon, as it has a high magazine size for a Jakobs pistol, and all its special effects are beneficial.
- The bonus effect is shown as a slot machine with 5 symbols and can have the following bonuses:
- Crosshair: All shots in the magazine deal critical hits regardless of aim, pierces the enemy and ricochets.
- Bullets: The weapon is fired in an automatic mode with an increased fire rate.
- Fire: All shots in the magazine deal elemental damage.
- Mushroom cloud: All shots in the magazine fire explosive rounds with a blast radius.
- 7: Fire seven projectiles in the shape of a 7.
- It is possible to gain multiple bonuses in a single reload.
- Based on user testing, the chance for any individual bonus is 25%.
- Rolling no bonuses has roughly a 24% chance, or on average once every four reloads.
- Rolling three or more bonuses has roughly a 10% chance, or on average once every ten reloads.
- Rolling all bonuses has roughly a 0.1% chance, or on average once every thousand reloads.
- The "Fire" bonus effect also converts melee and other sources of damage to elemental damage.
- The number 7 is considered the luckiest number in western culture.
- The flavor text is a reference to the medieval poem O Fortuna, which is better known as being set to music by the composer Carl Orff in his scenic cantata "Carmina Burana". The poem itself is a complaint about the goddess Fortuna who rules the fate of both gods and mortals in Greek and Roman mythology.