Legendary items are rare weapons featuring unique red text effects, with a yellow, orange or dark orange coloration on their item cards in Borderlands, and an orange coloration in Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Borderlands 3, and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands. Unlike unique items, legendary items can spawn at any time, can usually be acquired anywhere, and don't have any restrictions on their parts, provided generic rules are respected.
About Legendary Items
- Each manufacturer has one (and usually exactly one) legendary weapon for each weapon type it manufactures.
- Orange weapons with inherent elemental properties are especially strong because they provide the elemental effects with no loss of damage rating (or sometimes even an increase), unlike normal elemental accessory parts that reduce damage by up to 40% in exchange for elemental properties. However, this only applies to orange weapons that inherently possess a specific element, like the Atlas Ogre or Maliwan Hellfire. Orange weapons that do not inherently come in a specific element can occasionally be randomly generated with various elemental accessories, but these will result in a reduced base damage rating, as normal.
- All legendary weapons can be acquired from any loot source (this is referred to as a "world drop").
- In Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, legendary items are more akin to pearlescent items in Borderlands – each legendary in both of those games features a unique material pattern and some have more than one predefined part.
- See also: Pearlescent Items
List of Legendary Items (Borderlands)
There is one (and exactly one) legendary weapon per valid manufacturer-weapon type pair. This table can be sorted to display either by manufacturers or by weapon types (or by model).
|Manufacturer||Weapon Type||Model Name||Special Effects|
|Atlas||Support Machine Gun||Ogre||Explosive x3-x4|
|Atlas||Repeater Pistol||Troll||Regenerates Health|
|Atlas||Revolver||Chimera||Bullets can be any element.|
|Atlas||Combat Shotgun||Hydra||5 Projectiles w/ Horizontal Spread|
|Atlas||Pump-Action Sniper Rifle||Cyclops||5.2x Zoom, Doubled Bullet Velocity|
|Dahl||Burst Rifle||Raven||5 Round Burst|
|Dahl||Submachine Gun||Wildcat||Increased Magazine, Reduced Accuracy|
|Dahl||Repeater Pistol||Hornet||Corrosive, 2 Round Burst|
|Dahl||Combat Shotgun||Bulldog||20 Round Magazine|
|Dahl||Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle||Penetrator||Fully Automatic|
|Dahl||Revolver||Anaconda||Increased Damage and Accuracy|
|Eridian||Eridian Cannon||Eridian Mega Cannon||Increased Area of Effect and Damage|
|Eridian||Eridian Flaregun||Eridian Firebomb||Heavy Incendiary Damage|
|Eridian||Eridian Glob Gun||Eridian Stampeding Spatter Gun||Heavy Corrosive Damage|
|Gearbox||Combat Shotgun||Baha's Bigger Blaster|
|Gearbox||Rocket Launcher||Hive Mind|
|Gearbox||Burst Rifle||Mug Shot|
|Gearbox||Pump-Action Sniper Rifle||Silent Night||+800% Critical Hit Damage|
|Gearbox||Machine Pistol||Sucker Punch||+500% Melee damage|
|Hyperion||Burst Rifle||Destroyer||Unloads the entire magazine when scoped.|
|Hyperion||Submachine Gun||Bitch||Improved accuracy under sustained fire.|
|Hyperion||Repeater Pistol||Invader||Unloads the entire magazine when scoped.|
|Hyperion||Machine Pistol||Reaper||+300% Melee damage. Your melee strikes heal you.|
|Hyperion||Assault Shotgun||Butcher||5 round burst, 3 projectiles|
|Hyperion||Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle||Invader||5 round burst when scoped.|
|Hyperion||Rocket Launcher||Nidhogg||Airburst Rockets|
|Jakobs||Combat Shotgun||Striker||Increased Accuracy, +30% Critical Hit Damage|
|Jakobs||Pump-Action Sniper Rifle||Skullmasher||Fires 6 projectiles|
|Jakobs||Revolver||Unforgiven||+200% Critical Hit Damage|
|Maliwan||Submachine Gun||Hellfire||Massive Incendiary Damage|
|Maliwan||Repeater Pistol||Firehawk||Heavy Incendiary Damage|
|Maliwan||Assault Shotgun||Crux||Corrosive x3-x4|
|Maliwan||Pump-Action Sniper Rifle||Volcano||Always Ignites Target|
|Maliwan||Rocket Launcher||Rhino||Rockets explode multiple times while in flight.|
|S&S Munitions||Support Machine Gun||Draco||Incendiary x2-x4, Huge magazine|
|S&S Munitions||Machine Pistol||Thanatos||Extended Magazine|
|S&S Munitions||Repeater Pistol||Gemini||2 Round burst of 2 projectiles, Horizontal spread|
|S&S Munitions||Assault Shotgun||Crux||Spread pattern is + shaped.|
|S&S Munitions||Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle||Orion||Shock x3-x4, Ricochets Into 3 Projectiles|
|Tediore||Burst Rifle||Guardian||Ammo regeneration.|
|Tediore||Submachine Gun||Savior||Ammo regeneration.|
|Tediore||Repeater Pistol||Protector||Ammo regeneration.|
|Tediore||Combat Shotgun||Defender||Ammo regeneration.|
|Torgue||Support Machine Gun||Bastard||High Damage, Large Magazine, Low Accuracy, Increased Recoil|
|Torgue||Submachine Gun||Gasher||3 Round Burst, Increased Damage, Reduced Accuracy|
|Torgue||Repeater Pistol||Violator||3 Round Bursts of 3 Projectiles|
|Torgue||Combat Shotgun||Friendly Fire||Incendiary x1-x4. Spread pattern is Smiley Shaped.|
|Torgue||Semi-Automatic Sniper Rifle||Cobra||Explosive x3-x4. Always Explodes.|
|Torgue||Rocket Launcher||Redemption||High Damage and Area of Effect. 4 Rockets Per Shot.|
|Vladof||Support Machine Gun||Revolution||Extended Magazine, Reduced Rate of Fire|
|Vladof||Machine Pistol||Vengeance||Chance to Bypass Shields (Bugged)|
|Vladof||Repeater Pistol||Rebel||Extended Magazine, High Damage, High Fire Rate|
|Vladof||Assault Shotgun||Hammer||Explosive x2-x4. High Damage. Spread is hammer shaped.|
|Vladof||Pump-Action Sniper Rifle||Surkov||High Reload Speed and Rate of Fire|
|Vladof||Rocket Launcher||Mongol||Rockets will release smaller tangential rockets. 3 Rockets Per Shot.|
List of Legendary Items (Borderlands 2)
List of Legendary Items (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel)
List of Legendary Items (Borderlands 3)
List of Legendary Items (Tiny Tina's Wonderlands)
“Hey, Sugar. I've got another job for you.”
|Manufacturer||Item Type||Model Name||Dropped By||Location|
|Hyperius||SMG||Volley of the Shadows|
|Hyperius||Shotgun||Gyre of Crushing Depths|
- Most legendary items can be obtained from the general loot pool.
- Some legendary weapons can only be obtained via the above sources, as they have no loot pool, these weapons are identified by the location being 'Any Location' (unless stated).
- In Borderlands 2. most legendary items can be found in chests or can be obtained by killing loot midgets. Some legendary items can only be obtained by killing certain enemies or completing certain missions.
- In Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, there is a high chance of finding legendary items in vending machines as the "Item of The Day".
- Most items with flavor text on it carry a reference that is either historical, based on pop culture or a quote from a well-known individual or game.
- The three so-called pearlescent weapons prior to Patch 1.3.0 in the original game. They had no other special characteristics compared to other Legendaries.
- In the original game (which has been fixed in the Enhanced Edition) the Penetrator is differently coded, and appears as Green, Blue, or Purple rarity instead of Yellow, Orange, or Dark Orange.
- Judging from part names, the Hyperion Invader is supposed to be the Hyperion Executioner.
- Judging from part names, the Maliwan Crux is supposed to be the Maliwan Plague.
- The name "Draco" cannot be obtained in the original game (fixed in the Enhanced Edition), but only by save editing. The effect can be observed, but the name will not be present on a legitimate weapon. Because of this, the Draco will always appears as Green, Blue, or Purple rarity instead of Yellow, Orange, or Dark Orange.
- Technically, Friendly is a prefix that appears only and always on the Torgue Fire.