They are not fast creatures, but they do like to get up and personal. If one of these locks onto you, it would be best to pull out a high damaging close range weapon, such as a Shotgun, so that you can get a good amount of shots on it and kill it with ease. The other method would be to use a sniper from long range and take the creature out from there, but be aware of the long ranged acid attack.
The purple 'eye' is the critical area, and does large amounts of damage. Striking this usually results in a one-shot-kill. Striking to the head by splash damage weapons can provide enormous amount of damage (up to 99999).
Another useful tactic is to use an explosive elemental weapon, as they appear to be vulnerable to that type of damage on the head and upper underbelly. Although, this may be due to the splash damage scoring a critical hit on the eye. A x4 explosive revolver is ideal for quick one-/two-shot kills.
Borderlands Guide Book Entry: Larva Crab Worms aren't as large as normal Crab Worms and they tend to not make themselves known untill their prey mistakenly gets too close. They emerge from the ground and attack by spitting venom and using powerfull claws. Keep your distance, jump around and strafe to avoid the spit attack, then shoot them in the eye.
CleanupTo meet Borderlands quality standards, this article or section may require cleanup. Please help by improving, spell-checking and/or trimming the article.
- Many of the tusked skulls on Pandora resemble their head shape showing just how big they can get, which is HUGE. Titan's End is the largest known skeleton/remains of one of these.
- No "Crab Worms", or adult larvae, are ever encountered in the game, only in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx dlc.
- Crawmerax the Invincible is a full grown Crab Worm.
- The "Loading" screen tips advise to use shock elemental weapons on Crab Worms.
- Albiet previous rumors, Crawmerax is a Craw Worm (derived from crawdad), not a Crab Worm. However same cosmetic appearences are used, as well as weaknesses.
- Two of the above trivia are conflicting with each other.
- Contradictory to the first note, the skeletons found throughout Borderlands are more resemblant to a rakk. More specifically the Mothrakk.