“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Knuckle Dragger is the first badass fought in Borderlands 2. She is a larger, more powerful version of a standard Bullymong. She is housed near the entrance to Southern Shelf in Frostbite Crevasse - Windshear Waste; and is the only badass in Windshear Waste. She has a chance to drop the Hornet upon her death.
Knuckle Dragger is first seen in Claptrap's Place where she rips out Claptrap's eye. Knuckle Dragger appears for the second time as soon as you exit the tilted Hyperion shipping container with Claptrap's blue eye dangling from his necklace. Knuckle Dragger is larger Bullymong compared to the Adult and Slingers. She possesses immense strength, able to throw cars larger than herself. She is also distinguished by her blue fur on her body and white fur on joints.
- Main article: Blindsided
- When coming from the direction of Claptrap's Place after defeating her once, Knuckle Dragger spawns as the character rounds the corner leading to the cliff above her area. When Knuckle Dragger is killed, all her loot will be "fired" into the sky to land on the platform where she was fought the first time.
- If there is anything above her when she dies, the loot can end up being thrown inside the level geometry and lost.
- A farming tactic for the Hornet is to enter the Southern Shelf, then re-enter Windshear Waste, allowing players to save and quit and always spawn next to Knuckle Dragger when entering the game. She can also be lured into the drop barge at this point, thus confining her loot drop to a smaller area.
- During Day 1 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt, Knuckle Dragger could drop the Gwen's Head.
- Knuckle Dragger is the first badass in the Borderlands series that appears at Level 1.
- In the Borderlands 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide Knuckle Dragger is revealed to be Female.