“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Knuckle Dragger is the first boss fought in Borderlands 2. He is a larger, more powerful version of a standard bullymong. He is fought in the icy canyons of the Southern Shelf (Map Location: Windshear Waste from Claptrap's Place). He is first seen in Claptrap's Place where he rips out the robot's eye. He has a chance to drop the Hornet upon his death.
- Main article: Blindsided
- When coming from the direction of Claptrap's Place after defeating him once, Knuckle Dragger spawns as the character rounds the corner leading to the cliff above his area. When Knuckle Dragger is killed, all his loot will be "fired" into the sky to land on the platform where he was fought the first time.
- If there is anything above him when he dies, the loot can end up being thrown inside the level geometry and lost.
- A farming tactic for the Hornet is to enter the Southern Shelf, then re-enter Windshear Waste, allowing players to save and quit and always spawn next to Knuckle Dragger when entering the game. He can also be lured into the drop barge at this point, thus confining his loot drop to a smaller area.
- During Day 1 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt, Knuckle Dragger could drop the Gwen's Head.
- Knuckle Dragger is the first boss in the Borderlands series that appears at Level 1.