Knuckle Dragger is the first badass fought in Borderlands 2. She is a larger, more powerful version of a standard Bullymong and is housed near the entrance to Southern Shelf in Frostbite Crevasse - Windshear Waste.
Knuckle Dragger invaded Claptrap's place during the mission My First Gun and ripped its eye out. Claptrap instructs the Vault Hunters to pursue and defeat her to get its eye back. She presents as the mission's final boss.
- Main article: Blindsided
- When coming from the direction of Claptrap's Place after defeating her once, Knuckle Dragger spawns as the character rounds the corner leading to the cliff above her area. When Knuckle Dragger is killed, all her loot will be "fired" into the sky to land on the platform where she was fought the first time.
- If there is anything above her when she dies, the loot can end up being thrown inside the level geometry and lost.
- When killed, Knuckle Dragger will always drop a white-rarity Jakobs Revolver and has an increased chance to drop the legendary Hornet pistol.
- A farming tactic for the Hornet is to enter the Southern Shelf, then re-enter Windshear Waste, allowing players to save and quit and always spawn next to Knuckle Dragger when entering the game. She can also be lured into the drop barge, confining her loot drop to a smaller area.
- During Day 1 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt, Knuckle Dragger could drop the Gwen's Head.
- Knuckle Dragger is the first badass in the Borderlands series that appears at Level 1.
- In the 'Borderlands 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide', Knuckle Dragger is revealed to be female.