The KerBlaster is a legendary assault rifle manufactured by Torgue. KerBlaster is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Midge-Mong located in Southern Shelf. It can also be an item of the day in any Torgue Vending Machine from Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage.
Special Weapon Effects
Torgue got more BOOM! – Fires a main projectile that has a straight trajectory and explodes on impact. The explosion releases a grenade which also explodes one second later.
Usage & Description
The KerBlaster has damage on par with sniper rifles of equal level and its accuracy is exceptional. Because of its wide explosive radius and predictable child grenade spawns, it is very useful for crowd control and the user can effectively lob grenades to damage enemies behind cover by shooting the wall behind them.
However, the KerBlaster has high ammunition consumption per shot, slow projectile velocity and low magazine size. The slow projectile velocity can make it difficult to hit moving enemies, often requiring the user to lead or even try to predict where the target may seek cover next. Both the primary rocket and the child grenade can injure the shooter in close-range engagements.
Axton and Krieg can make the most effective use of this weapon as the KerBlaster's main projectile deals explosive damage and the grenade it releases deals grenade damage. Both classes can also boost its magazine size considerably.
- The KerBlaster cannot deal critical hits.
- Although it fires rockets, the KerBlaster is classified as an assault rifle and uses assault rifle ammo.
- Unlike other Torgue weapons, firing in close proximity to friends and foes will result in damage from the projectile and the child grenade.
- Kills with a KerBlaster count towards the "Pull the Pin" challenge.
- If used with an absorb shield and shot at the ground, the KerBlaster can replenish rocket launcher ammo, making extended use of rocket launchers much more useful. The shield will only absorb the initial shot, not the child grenade.
- If used with an Amplify Shield, both the main projectile and the child grenade will receive a full damage boost.
- The damage of the child grenade spawned by the KerBlaster can be boosted by grenade damage bonuses.
- Class specific notes:
- Similar to its generic variant, the Torpedo, Axton's Overload skill boosts the magazine size, somewhat countering its small magazine size. It does not benefit from Steady, as it is classed as an assault rifle and gains bonuses from skills based on that characteristic.
- The KerBlaster is not an optimal and a downright risky weapon for Gaige anarchy builds, since the explosive rounds don't bounce with Close Enough, and maxed out Anarchy stacks might lead to Gaige launching a rocket in front of her feet, instantly crippling her.
- The Kerblaster is a decent long-range weapon for Krieg with the use of Strip the Flesh, Blood Bath and Pain is Power. The negative on critical hits from Pain is Power is not a factor and the bonuses stack.
- The lore behind the KerBlaster is that it was invented after Mr. Torgue was persuaded by his grandma, Grandma Flexington, to go back to his weapon making roots after he had lost track of his dream for fame and fortune.
- The KerBlaster was dropped by the Sorcerer's Daughter on Day 29 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the damage and explosion radius.