“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Infinity is a legendary pistol in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Vladof. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Anointed Alpha located in The Anvil.
Special Weapon Effects
It's closer than you think! (no it isn't) – Does not consume ammunition. Fires in a lemniscate (∞) pattern with no recoil. Fixed magazine capacity of 1. Reduced damage and fire rate.
Usage & Description
Like its previous incarnation, the Infinity is very versatile and can be used as a fallback weapon when ammunition is running low, with its only downsides being its unique firing pattern making it less useful at long ranges, and a low damage per shot.
The firing pattern is very tight, converging on itself in the center of the sights, but will widen as it travels out. The Infinity also has no recoil whatsoever and it will always remain perfectly accurate and predictable.
- The magazine and ammo reserve counters do not appear when the Infinity is equipped.
- If the player quits to the main menu and starts a game with the Infinity as their main weapon, the HUD will show that the weapon has a magazine size of 999. This is a visual glitch as it will go away when another weapon is switched to.
- Due to the weapon's unusual ammo functionality, it can drop with various reload-based Anointments that it cannot activate.
- The flavor text is a reference to a quote from Stephen King's short story The Jaunt.
- The actual quote is "It's longer than you think!"
- In the short story, the titular subject is a teleportation process which lasts for eternity to a conscious mind (thus the connection to the term "Infinity"), driving its subjects to insanity or instant death.
- The Infinity is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2.
- Lemniscate – Wikipedia.