“Look out everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
There are three types of Infected Pods:
- A "free-growing" type that grows out from the infected overgrowth.
- A "launched" type that Colonel Hector rains down from the top of Mount Scarab.
- A type that grows out from certain types of infected badass enemies (such as Infected Badass Goliaths) after they are killed.
If left alone, all three types will eventually spawn a certain type of infected human mutant, Infected Sprouts being the most frequent. The latter two types have a bulbous pod at the end of a long stalk.
Infected Pods are weak to incendiary and explosive but are resistant to to corrosive or shock damage with the bulbous part of the pod being the weak point. The stalk of a pod can be targeted but receive less damage.
- When destroyed, Infected Pods will drop ammo and, on rare ocasions, Health Now! vials.
- In True Vault Hunter Mode and in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode they are renamed Necrotizing Pod.
- Only the types with stalks change their name; the "free" growing variant does not.
- Infected Pods do not register as an enemy on the mini-map.