“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
According to Shade, Hyperius was a regular Engineer who grew mad with power. After the Vault opened, dangerous alien creatures awoke from their slumber. Hyperius was altered by them, becoming one of the most powerful entities on Pandora. He is also a Seraph Guardian, dropping Seraph Crystals on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- Main article: Hyperius the Invincible (mission)
- The dialogue spoken by Hyperius is identical to the Bruisers, but his voice is deeper and louder.
- Hyperius drops Seraph crystals when killed in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
- There is an exploit where killing Hyperius, and exiting his arena quickly, causes him to spawn again. Any subsequent failure to dispatch Hyperius will reset the exploit. Failure is noticeable by either a cost to open the gate upon respawn, or a gate that will not open again at all. If the gate will not open, leaving and re-entering the Washburne Refinery resets the gate, allowing it to be opened again for the usual 8 Eridium.
- Hyperius has an increased chance to drop the Norfleet, Hornet, Whisky Tango Foxtrot, Sledge's Shotgun, Shredifier, Pyrophobia, and the Kiss of Death.