Hyperion Guard-Traps are enemies in Claptrap's New Robot Revolution. They are mostly human, but are also part machine, fused with robot parts.
The Hyperion recon team soon falls victim to the Robot Revolution and becomes claptrapped to swell the ranks of the rebel Claptrap army. "-Trapped" soldiers act exactly the same as their normal counterparts but their appearance differs slightly, and their dialogue is changed to relect their change of allegiance. Guard-traps wear the "claptrapped" headgear of an assimilated human and have one eye replaced or augmented by an optical sensor. Hyperion Guard-Traps may be found in Sanders Gorge, the Dividing Faults, and the Hyperion Dump (upon returning to the dump after the Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier is killed).
Hyperion Guard-Traps show no interest in seeking cover, preferring instead to rely on their riot shields. When under fire they will move slowly forward or back, covering themselves closely with their shields, thus presenting a dramatically reduced targeting opportunity for enemies in front of them.
While their shields are bullet-proof and protect a large portion of their body, shots to their shield will cause the Guard-Trap to flinch and recoil his shield, making him temporarily vulnerable. Sniper rifles and automatic weapons are most effective on Guard-Traps. Sniper rifles can strike with precision at their head from a distance, while semi-automatic weapons can knock the shield aside and damage them with critical hits and body shots. Corrosive weaponry is highly effective against Guard-Traps.
- "I feel your pain! And mine!"
- "That was some special pain!"
- "Hit me with that again!"
- "Ooh! Yes!"
- "Is that the best you can do?"
- "Feels good"
- "Good, now I can feel some pain"
- "Hit me again...harder."
- "I like it!"
- "Nice shot!"
- "Oh! Feels good!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Pain is my friend!"
- "Pain is my ally."
- "Thank you! May I have another?"
- Sighting a grenade
- I die for Hyperion!"
- "The academy didn't train me for this part."
- "I wasn't all that I could be."
- "This...uh...is the end?"
- There is a Badass variant that is visually identical to the regular variant but is slightly larger, with more health, and better weapons.
- Hyperion Guard-Traps have different names for each difficulty level:
- Playthrough 1: Guard-Trap
- Playthrough 2: Beefeater-Trap
- Playthrough 2 complete: Custodian-Trap