Hyperion is one of the weapons manufacturers on Pandora. They manufacture SMGs, Combat Rifles, Machine and Repeater Pistols, Rocket Launchers, Shotguns, and Sniper Rifles. Hyperion weapons are made of dark pink, red or black metal of a sort and have greater accuracy and damage when compared to guns of similar level. Weapons produced by this manufacturer are harder to find than most others, with only Atlas guns being harder to find.
Hyperion maintains a Claptrap manufacturing plant in the Dividing Faults. This location forms a pivotal plot point in the fourth DLC, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution when the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap uses it to 'claptrap' many of Pandora's inhabitants and wildlife to further the cause of the robot revolution.
A list of items produced by Hyperion.
- Combat Rifle - The Sentinel
- Repeater Pistol - Lady Finger
- Repeater Pistol - Athena's Wisdom (The Secret Armory of General Knoxx DLC only.)
- Submachine Gun - The Spy
- Combat Rifle - Destroyer
- Machine Pistol - Reaper
- Repeater Pistol - Invader
- Rocket Launcher - Nidhogg
- Shotgun - Butcher
- Sniper Rifle - Invader
- Submachine Gun - Bitch
- Berserker - Warmonger
- Hunter - Assassin, Sniper, Sharpshooter (Loyalty)
- Siren - Plaguebearer, Tormentor, Specter
- Longbow - Explosive, Corrosive, Incendiary, Shock
- Fire Resistance - Thermal, Asbestic, Endothermic
- Hyperion Valde = Level 13 - 21
- Hyperion Melior = Level 22 - 30
- Hyperion Ultra = Level 31 - 39
- Hyperion Magnus = Level 40 - 47
- Hyperion Optimus = Level 48+
- "Hyperion asks, 'What good is a gun that doesn't shoot where you point?' Get a gun that's as accurate as you are!" - Marcus Kincaid
- "Hyperion: If it ain't accurate, don't bother!" - Marcus Kincaid (This is an extremely rare quote)
- "Enemies only die when you hit them... So get your Hyperion today" - Marcus Kincaid (this is an extremely rare quote)
- Hyperion manufactures New-U Stations, Catch-A-Ride stations, Claptraps and the satellite seen at the end of the game.
- Hyperion also manages the custom and immigration services of Pandora, as seen in T-Bone Junction.
- In ancient Greek mythology, Hyperion was the Titan of Light.
- The Guardian Angel may be linked to a Hyperion satellite named 4N631 (or Angel, in leet speak).
- All Hyperion Legendary weapons have violent names such as the Destroyer, Invader, Reaper, etc.
- The Crimson line of weapons shine blood red.
- In Borderlands 2, advertisements for Hyperion weapons can be heard playing from radios. The ads claim that Hyperion weapons are "the most accurate in the six galaxies."