Heart Breaker is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion.It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Georgous Armada located in The Compactor on The Handsome Jackpot.
It can only be obtained in Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot.
Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Fixed projectile pattern. Heals the user for a percentage of the damage dealt.
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker heals for 5% of the gun damage stated on the card. For example, if the card states a gun damage of 405×8, each pellet that hits will heal 405 × 5% = 20.25 HP.
Elemental modifiers are ignored for the Heart Breaker's life steal. So for example, it does not matter if a shock version hits shield or flesh, despite the difference in damage dealt to the enemy, the amount healed is the same. It also does not matter if an enemy's shield or armor is hit, or their flesh after shield break; even shooting the character's vehicle causes life steal.
- Most damage bonuses do not increase the amount healed, but some do:
- Examples of bonuses that increase life steal: +100%/+250%/+300% gun damage anointments, Amara's Wrath skill
- Examples of bonuses that do not increase life steal: +125% against badasses anointment, +50% bonus elemental damage anointments, Amara's Personal Space or Tempest skill, gun damage Guardian Rank
- The Heart Breaker is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary shotgun and can spawn with various elements.
- The flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire.