Heart Breaker is a legendary shotgun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion. It is exclusive to the Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot DLC for Borderlands 3 and has an increased chance to drop from Gorgeous Armada in The Compactor.
Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Fixed projectile pattern in the shape of a heart. Heals the user for a percentage of the damage dealt.
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker heals for 20% of the gun damage stated on the card. For example, if the card states a gun damage of 405×8, each pellet that hits will heal 405 × 20%, which equals 81 HP. While the the Heart Breaker's damage per second isn't the greatest at the highest levels of Mayhem Mode, the lifesteal provides very strong survivability. It is especially good on FL4K and Moze, due to their limited number of health regeneration skills.
The Heart Breaker is also excellent at lower levels, as lifesteal effects are very hard to come by early in the game, and most enemies can't kill the character in just 1 or 2 seconds like they can when facing extremely hard enemies, allowing time to heal when using the shotgun.
Elemental modifiers are ignored for the Heart Breaker's life steal. So for example, it does not matter if a shock version hits shield or flesh, despite the difference in damage dealt to the enemy, the amount healed is the same. It also does not matter if an enemy's shield or armor is hit, or their flesh after shield break; even shooting the character's vehicle causes life steal.
- Unlike its predecessor in Borderlands 2, using other damage sources such as grenades, Action Skills or melee will not heal the character while holding the Heart Breaker.
- The Heart Breaker heals for 20% of the gun damage stated on the card multiplied by some anointments.
- Most damage bonuses do not increase the amount healed, but some do:
- Examples of bonuses that increase life steal include the +100%/+250%/+300% gun damage anointments, andAmara's Wrath skill.
- Examples of bonuses that do not increase life steal include the +125% against badasses anointment, +50% bonus elemental damage anointments, Amara's Personal Space or Tempest skill, and the gun damage Guardian Rank.
- Hotfix 12/17/2020: Damage increased by 130%, and life steal increased from 5% to 20%.
- The Heart Breaker is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 but as a legendary shotgun and can spawn with various elements.
- The flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire.