Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Always incendiary. Increased projectile count and fire rate, +50% critical hit damage bonus. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in a heart-shaped pattern. Restores 2% of damage dealt as health.
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker features a high projectile count to ammo cost ratio for a shotgun, firing 10 pellets (12 with the "Practicable" prefix and foregrip accessory) for only one ammo per shot; combined with its predictable spread pattern and critical hit damage bonus, the Heart Breaker is capable of damage output that is comparable to shotguns of a higher rarity. As a Miss Moxxi weapon, it will heal the user by a portion of the damage dealt.
Unlike other Hyperion shotguns, the fixed heart-shaped spread pattern does not become more accurate under prolonged fire, although it still gains the gradual recoil reduction. Its ability to heal the user while dealing damage makes it well suited for characters that frequently sustain high damage in close-range combat.
The fixed incendiary element means that Krieg can make good use of this weapon as his Hellborn tree increases incendiary damage. Salvador's Rampage and Gun Lust trees can also increase its already high potential.
- A Heart Breaker with the "Critical" prefix will have a 100% bonus in critical hit damage as the 50% bonus from the accessory is combined with the weapon's default bonus.
- A SHiFT code for Valentines Day on February 14, 2013, unlocked new pink skins for each character, and placed a version of Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker in the inventory of the first character to be loaded after the code was redeemed. This weapon was of the same level as the character that gained it. This code was re-released for Valentine's Day 2014.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- The flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire.
- In Russian localization, the flavor text is replaced by the chorus of "Heart" (rus. "Сердце") which was performed for first time in a 1934 Soviet musical film "Jolly Fellows".
- When created as a Level 30 character, Krieg has a free Heart Breaker.