Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Always incendiary. Increased projectile count, fire rate, +50% critical hit damage bonus. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in heart shaped pattern unaffected by the reverse recoil. Restores 2% of damage dealt as health.
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker is an extremely powerful variant of the Thinking Shotgun despite its low rarity resignation. It features a high projectile count to ammo cost ratio amongst shotguns, firing 10 pellets for only one ammo per shot; combined with its predictable spread pattern and critical hit damage boost give it high damage output for a unique weapon even when compared to other Thinking shotguns or the Conference Call. It also has a transfusion effect that can be effective with its high damage.
Unlike other Hyperion shotguns, the fixed heart-shaped spread pattern does not become more accurate under prolonged fire, although it still gains the gradual recoil reduction. Its ability to heal the user whilst dealing damage makes it well suited for characters that frequently sustain high damage in close-range combat.
The Incendiary Element means that Krieg can make good use of this weapon as his Hellborn tree increases incendiary damage. Salvador's Rampage Tree and Gun Lust Tree can also increase it's already high potential, especially with the low ammo consumption per shot combined with the various bonuses he can provide to it can make short work of almost all flesh enemies, shredding them while the high DPS mitigates its low healing percentage.
- This weapon can spawn with a critical hit accessory, which stacks with the fixed critical hit bonus addictively. All critical hits will deal twice of that damage in that case.
- A SHiFT code for Valentines Day on February 14, 2013, unlocked new pink skins for each character, and placed a version of Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker in the inventory of the first character to be loaded after the code was redeemed. This weapon was of the same level as the character that gained it. This code was re-released for Valentine's Day 2014.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- The flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, "I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire".
- In Russian localization, the flavor text is replaced by the chorus of "Heart" (rus. "Сердце") which was performed for first time in a 1934 Soviet musical film "Jolly Fellows".
- When created as a Level 30 character, Krieg has a free Heart Breaker.