Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Increased projectile count, fire rate, +50% critical hit damage boost, and always incendiary. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in heart shaped pattern. Any inflicted damage returns health to the wielder (2% of damage).
Usage & Description
This shotgun is especially well paired with The Bee, often surpassing weapons of Epic or even Legendary rarity in raw damage output. This is particularly useful against enemies and bosses that take more than one magazine to kill due to its relatively efficient "ammo used per shot : pellets fired" ratio (1:10 or 1:12 (with vertical grip accessory only) as opposed to most other shotguns, of which the best tend to have a ratio of around 1:6, 2:10 [equals 1:5], 3:14, or 4:18 [equals 2:9]), good magazine size, high fire rate, and high accuracy when emptying an entire magazine without stopping.
The main drawback of the Heart Breaker is that it cannot spawn with a sight, making it difficult to use at range.
As with many other optional quest rewards, on your second playthrough it is often best to wait until you have completed the main story before taking this quest; doing so will scale all optional quests to level 50, including their rewards - such as this shotgun.
- The Heart Breaker has a standard critical damage boost (provided by its unique barrel) of +50% but it could spawn with a critical accessory, which would make for a 100% critical hit damage bonus, effectively making double damage for all critical hits, making this weapon even more devastating.
- The Heart Breaker can never spawn with a scope.
Valentine's Day Giveaway
During February 14 only Gearbox has a Shift Code active which provides 5 pink-themes skins (one for each playable character) and a version of the Miss Moxxi Heart Breaker of the level of the character currently loaded, which will be spawn in his or her inventory.
These codes are:
- PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
- Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
- PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW
- The weapon's full Title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- The weapon's flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, "I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire", made famous to gamers by its inclusion in Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks.