Handsome Jackhammer is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion.
It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Handsome Jackie located in Skywell-27 on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Everyone thinks they are the heroes of their own stories. – When reloaded, the gun is thrown like a Tediore weapon and bounces 5 times on the spot it landed, spraying bullets until the magazine is empty while releasing an explosion every time it bounces. Unique voice module that plays audio from Handsome Jack.
Usage & Description
While it has all the traits of a Hyperion weapon, the Handsome Jackhammer's Tediore-based reload throw gives it significantly more utility, essentially combining the traits of both manufacturers. As a Hyperion weapon, it does not suffer from inferior stats like a Tediore, allowing it to function both as an effective conventional weapon and a powerful area-of-effect pseudo grenade that can quickly cover the battlefield in explosions.
While it may be an effective grenade replacement, the unpredictable bounces of the Handsome Jackhammer can also be the user's downfall, as the combined power of several bounces can easily send the user into Fight For Your Life.
- The reload-throw behaves in the same way as Tediore weapons with its damage scaling up with the number of bullets left in the magazine.
- If the Handsome Jackhammer has an elemental capacitor, its bounce explosions will be in the same element.
- "Where are we going after this? I don't know about you, but I could murder for some sushi right now."
- "Hey, what do you say we find a Hyperion constructor and get me out of this gun, huh? I’ll give you... I don’t… have… my wallet… on me… Alright, you know what, let’s just stick with the gun for now. We’ll go- we’ll put a pin in that."
- "Bandits all over the universe, huh? Guess I was right."
- "You have great taste in weapons, kiddo; I'll give you that."
- "Ughh, just frickin’ do something already. Just because I’m digital doesn’t mean I can’t die of boredom."
- "I'm having a murder party and you're super invited."
- "You know I could just self destruct and kill us both anytime, right? I’m just kidding. It's just- ah, ah, I'm joking. You’re fine. Just- just make to the killing soon, huh."
- "Yellow, it’s me, your gun. Super bored. Kill something."
- "Man, I’m even a hot piece of ass as a gun! I mean, look at these bevels! Damn!"
- "This is- this is- feels great. Really. We make a great pair. That is to say, yeah, I’m great, you look great holding me. But it’s- it’s really great."
- "Hey, you know I heard a guy; he hates your favorite band. Are you just gonna take that? The nerve! Or do you want to go shove me into his chest and pull the trigger until he’s nuked? Do ya? Huh? Could be fun."
- "Get ready to feel some, dumb-dumb!"
- "You’re screwed now — we’re the good guys!"
- "Yeah, I don’t care who started this — I’m gonna end it!"
- "Did you see that?! I mean, wuh wuh."
- "The end is comin’, and it’s handsome, baby!"
- "Come get some, you freakin’ morons!"
- "Who’s up for a killing spree?"
- "Finally! Some frickin’ action around here!"
- "Oh hey, do you know who you’re messing with? ME! That’s who."
- "Ahahahaha, oh man."
- "I'm boooounciiiing!!"
- The flavor text is a variant of a quote by Handsome Jack AI in the Tales from the Borderlands episode The Vault of the Traveler. The original quote is "Everyone thinks they're the hero of their own story".