“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
The Handsome Jackhammer is a legendary submachine gun in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Hyperion.
Handsome Jackhammer is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Handsome Jackie located in Skywell-27 on Promethea.
Special Weapon Effects
Everyone thinks they are the heroes of their own stories. – When reloaded, the gun is thrown like a Tediore weapon and bounces 5 times on the spot it landed. It will spray bullets until the magazine is empty. Each bounce releases an explosion. While equipped, voice lines from Handsome Jack are played periodically.
Usage & Description
While it has all the traits of a Hyperion weapon, the Handsome Jackhammer's Tediore-based reload throw gives it significantly more utility, essentially combining the traits of both manufacturers. As a Hyperion weapon, it does not suffer from inferior stats like a Tediore, allowing it to function both as an effective conventional weapon and a powerful area-of-effect pseudo grenade that can quickly cover the battlefield in explosions.
While it may be an effective grenade replacement, the unpredictable bounces of the Handsome Jackhammer can also be the user's downfall, as the combined power of several bounces can easily send the user into Fight For Your Life.
- Like Tediore weapons, the Handsome Jackhammer's reload throw deals more damage the more bullets are left in the magazine.
- The Handsome Jackhammer's bounce explosions share the effect of its elemental capacitor.
- "Where are we going after this? I don't know about you, but I could murder for some sushi right now."
- "Hey, what do you say we find a Hyperion constructor and get me out of this gun, huh? I’ll give you... I don’t… have… my wallet… on me… Alright, you know what, let’s just stick with the gun for now. We’ll go- we’ll put a pin in that."
- "Bandits all over the universe, huh? Guess I was right."
- "You have great taste in weapons, kiddo; I'll give you that."
- "Ughh, just frickin’ do something already. Just because I’m digital doesn’t mean I can’t die of boredom."
- "I'm having a murder party and you're super invited."
- "You know I could just self destruct and kill us both anytime, right? I’m just kidding. It's just- ah, ah, I'm joking. You’re fine. Just- just make to the killing soon, huh."
- "Yellow, it’s me, your gun. Super bored. Kill something."
- "Man, I’m even a hot piece of ass as a gun! I mean, look at these bevels! Damn!"
- "This is- this is- feels great. Really. We make a great pair. That is to say, yeah, I’m great, you look great holding me. But it’s- it’s really great."
- "Hey, you know I heard a guy; he hates your favorite band. Are you just gonna take that? The nerve! Or do you want to go shove me into his chest and pull the trigger until he’s nuked? Do ya? Huh? Could be fun."
- "Get ready to feel some, dumb-dumb!"
- "You’re screwed now — we’re the good guys!"
- "Yeah, I don’t care who started this — I’m gonna end it!"
- "Did you see that?! I mean, wuh wuh."
- "The end is comin’, and it’s handsome, baby!"
- "Come get some, you freakin’ morons!"
- "Who’s up for a killing spree?"
- "Finally! Some frickin’ action around here!"
- "Oh hey, do you know who you’re messing with? ME! That’s who."
- "Ahahahaha, oh man."
- "I'm boooounciiiing!!"