“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Hags are large enemies encountered in Borderlands 3. Dressed in armor plating, they are equipped with a large cryo cannon attached to their left arm, as well as a backpack with Hag Rider Tinks in them. One of these Tinks rides atop the Hag to provide fire support. With their size, Hags are hard to miss even within the largest of COV groups.
Hags are slow moving enemies. They tend to keep their distance while shooting slow-moving cryo rings. These rings are easy to dodge and dissipate after a certain distance or when they strike an obstacle. Rings have a considerable amount of knockback if they hit their target. Other than this cryo ring cannon, Hags rely on their Tink to deal ranged damage.
Riding high on their backs, Hag Rider Tinks use their vantage position to occasionally throw grenades while spraying bullets. Every now and then, the Hag will stuff the riding Tink into the cannon, then launch them from the cannon in their target's general direction. Up to seven Hag Rider Tinks can "hatch" out the Hag's backpack. If the Hag's riding Tink gets killed, they will stop dead in they tracks to mourn the Tink's death, leaving the Hag vulnerable to damage.
If within melee range, the Hag will swing their massive left arm in an upward hook punch. They can charge their cannons with shock damage by pressing it against the ground, then releasing a powerful shockwave. Aside from the shock damage dealing extra damage to shields, this also has a strong knockback force.
In Normal mode, Hags never wear a shield, which makes them extremely vulnerable to incendiary damage.
- Make me the happiest woman on Pandora and DIE! (attacking)
- Ring-a-round the rosie! (attacking)
- Put a ring on it! (attacking)
- Hold your breath! (attacking)
- Suck it down! SUCK IT DOWN! (attacking)
- I got this for ya! (attacking)
- Get out there and kill. Kill. Kill!!! (launching Tink)
- Hags first appear when the Vault Hunter arrives in Konrad's Hold.
- In True Vault Hunter Mode, they are renamed Goons.
- In Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot, they are renamed Crapshooters.