Gunpowder is the second of Axton's three skill trees. The Gunpowder tree focuses more heavily on medium range explosives and weapon damage. Improves many of Axton's offensive combat stats, and improves the turret mostly as a tactical deploy/distraction. His other skill trees are Guerrilla and Survival.
- Tier 1
- Impact – Increases Gun Damage and Melee Damage.
- Expertise – Increases your Weapon Swap Speed and Aim Speed. Also, your Movement Speed is increased while aiming.
- Tier 2
- Overload – Increases Magazine Size with Assault Rifles.
- Metal Storm – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy dramatically increases your Fire Rate and reduces Recoil for a short period of time.
- Tier 3
- Steady – Reduces Recoil with all gun types, as well as damage dealt with grenades and rocket launchers.
- Longbow Turret – Your Sabre Turret can be deployed using Longbow technology, allowing you to deploy it much further away. Also, increases the Maximum Health of your Sabre Turret.
- Battlefront – While your Sabre Turret is deployed you deal increased damage.
- Tier 4
- Duty Calls – Increases the Gun Damage and Fire Rate of non-elemental guns.
- Do or Die – Allows you to throw grenades while in Fight For Your Life. Also increases damage dealt with grenades and rocket launchers.
- Tier 5
- Ranger – Makes you better at just about everything.
- Tier 6
- Nuke – Deploying your Sabre Turret sets off a small Nuclear Blast.