“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Guardian Hunter is an optional mission in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel.
- Equip monster trap mod
- Capture Fire Wraith
- Capture Corrosive Wraith
- Capture Shock Wraith
- Capture Cryo Wraith
- Go to pick-up point
- Kill the Master Poacher
- Deliver Wraiths to Master Poacher
In order to capture the Wraiths, they first need to be weakened to 25% of their original health. It is best to use a non-elemental weapon on the wraiths. Using an elemental weapon, regardless of type, will cause the wraith to transform into a random type. Non-elemental weapons guarantee the correct type.
A new Wraith will always spawn after one has been killed.
The Monster Trap expends no grenades when thrown, and therefore the traps can be thrown frequently to ensure a high chance of capturing the guardians.
The end of the mission requires a choice, the results of which are described below. Attacking the poacher will cause a few additional Scavs to arrive.
- "Good job!"
Turn In: Sterwin
- The mission-only grenade mod Monster Trap will be added to the character inventory while this mission is active.
- Mission Items:
- Trapped Fire Wraith - "A trapped Fire Wraith. Collect all four!"
- Trapped Corrosive Wraith - "A trapped Corrosive Wraith. Collect all four!"
- Trapped Shock Wraith - "A trapped Shock Wraith. Collect all four!"
- Trapped Cryo Wraith - "A trapped Cryo Wraith. Collect all four!"
- The Asteroid Belt is the reward for killing the Master Poacher while the Wallop is awarded for delivering the Wraiths.
- Killing the Master Poacher (thus, protecting the Guardians) also grants the Guardian Guardian achievement.
- The mission's title, Guardian Hunter, is a reference to the wildlife documentary television series, The Crocodile Hunter.
- The method for capturing Guardians is a reference to Pokemon, namely wearing them down to low health and then tossing what is essentially a Pokeball at them.