Good Touch is a unique Maliwan SMG. The Good Touch can be obtained by tipping Moxxi an unknown (and seemingly not fixed) amount. It can be acquired any number of times, and is always scaled to Sanctuary's current level.
Special Weapon Effects
...but when I'm bad, I'm better. – Always incendiary. +70% critical hit damage. Dealing any kind of damage dealt while wielding this weapon regenerates health (2.5% of damage inflicted).
An unlisted effect occurs with game controllers using vibrate that breaks the fourth wall. While the character wields the gun, the controller will vibrate continuously even when not firing.
Usage & Description
The Good Touch features a unique skin with a picture of Moxxi on the magazine. It is an extremely powerful variant of the Maliwan Provacateur.
The Good Touch is close to the HellFire in performance and is much easier to get. Given two such weapons with the same variable parts (grip, stock and accessory), the HellFire inflicts greater immediate damage (~5% projectile damage rating, plus the considerable damage of the elemental splash, which is not stated on the weapon card) and has a greater chance to ignite the target (~3%), though such an ignition will deliver less elemental damage per second (~8.5% less). The Good Touch offers greater accuracy, alongside a critical hit damage bonus greater than HellFire's splash damage.
It is unclear at present precisely what determines when Moxxi gives this weapon. Requirements are known to be:
- The player must have already received Bad Touch.
- The player must tip Moxxi.
There is no set amount for tips which will result in the weapon being given; there appears to be a random chance that Moxxi will give a Good Touch any time she is tipped.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Good Touch;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- In co-op, Moxxi can only award this weapon once per visit to Sanctuary. If subsequent players tip sufficiently to be awarded the Good Touch (or Bad Touch, it happens with both), she will give the award dialog and the tip jar will lock, but she will not start the animation of offering the weapon. Tipping Moxxi further on the next visit to Sanctuary will allow the player to get the weapon they missed out on.
- The +70% Critical Hit Damage may sometimes be absent from the weapon's stat card when it is first picked up. If so, it will appear the next time the game is rebooted.
- If the player has a controller with a rumble feature, it will start vibrating constantly. It vibrates more intensely the longer it is held. Firing the weapon causes it to stop vibrating momentarily and looking down the sights causes it to vibrate less. Exiting zoom will cause the controller to vibrate very intensely.
- The flavor text, along with the text from Bad Touch, refers to a line in the Mae West movie, I'm No Angel. The line itself is a reference to a poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
- It is implied that the reason Good Touch is Moxxis' favorite gun is because of the vibrating function (which she uses during her "alone time").