General Traunt, or General Daniel Traunt by full name, is in command of Maliwan expeditionary force tasked with taking control of the abandoned Eridian facilities in Desolation's Edge and Tazendeer Ruins. He is also the older brother of the late Captain Samuel Traunt who was unfortunate enough to cross paths with Vault Hunters.
General Traunt is first mentioned by Captain Traunt, as the latter's older brother. Later in the game, upon learning of the Vault Hunters' whereabouts on Nekrotafeyo, General Traunt decides to seize the opportunity and exact revenge.
- Main article: Footsteps of Giants
- General Traunt will only respawn after Footsteps of Giants has been completed.
- General Traunt has a chance to drop the legendary S3RV-80S-EXECUTE pistol (Mayhem Mode 4 and above) and the D.N.A. shotgun (Mayhem Mode 6 and above).
- General Traunt has more siblings than just Captain Traunt, he mentions at least seven more by name in the "Vengeance" Echo Log in the Tazendeer Ruins.
- These siblings being Beck-o, Randal, Dante, Michael, Eric, April, and Connor.
- As he says "and the rest" at the end of this list, it can be assumed that there are more Traunt siblings than just the ones listed.