General Alphonso Knoxx was once an important figure in the Crimson Lance. That was until he was assigned to clean up the Lance's mess after a succession of high profile debacles on Pandora. After becoming disillusioned with the assignment he took his life in his own hands and attempted suicide. Before he could follow through with the act, he was interrupted by the untimely arrival of the Vault hunters, who themselves had been the cause of the earlier problems dogging the Crimson Lance. Challenging the interlopers to a fight to the death, his gambit to end his own misery was finally realised, at least for a little while.
Some time after the demise of the hapless general, he was called into action once more. Seeking an army of the strongest and toughest fighters that Pandora had to offer, the Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap engineered his resurrection to help swell the ranks of the robot revolution, and deal with the Vault hunters once and for all.
General Knoxx-Trap is first encountered in Sanders Gorge as a mainstay in the claptrap war machine of the robot revolution. He stands guard over an installation under claptrap control and must be defeated in order to regain control of a power plant to restore power to Tartarus Station's raised drawbridges. He is encountered a second time in Wayward Pass as the first in a sequence of -trapped boss fights.
General Knoxx-Trap uses dual energy cannons at long range, which deal heavy Shock damage on impact and over time. At close range he will use a stomp attack similar to Badass Devastators which deals moderate damage, and occasionally will jet into the air and attempt to land on his target. Stomp attacks can be mostly avoided with a well-timed jump, and moving inside the turning curve of the cannons as they home in (best done at short range) will likely cause them to miss. General Knoxx-Trap will flinch when hit with a headshot from most weapons, which will interrupt the charging of his cannons, but not his stomp attacks.
As General Knoxx-Trap loses health, up to three waves of Stabby Claptraps and a few Kamikaze Claptraps are summoned into the arena, spawning at about 75%, 50% and 25% health. Kamikaze Claptraps can instantly incapacitate characters and should be considered a top priority target as soon as they spawn. These enemies offer a chance for players to activate defensive on-kill skill effects in order to regain health and shields, or offensive on-kill skills to blaze away at General Knoxx-Trap with the benefits.
- I'm back! Wait, I'm back?!? DAMMIT! - Cutscene (re)introducing General Knoxx
- A couple more spins around this puss-filled dingleberry of a planet thanks to the glorious Claptrap Robolution. Same shit, different day, am I right? Well, this chip in my head is telling me to stomp your face in. Apologies in advance. - Upon starting battle, first encounter
- It's finally over...I see a bright light. It's blinding... beautiful...no, wait. That's just the sun. Shit. - Upon dying, first encounter
- Come on! Seriously?! Again? What's a guy gotta do to get a little sweet, permanent embrace of death around here? - Upon starting battle, second encounter
- I heard that your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you die... that’s a load of crap…no wait…okay, there it goes. - Upon dying, second encounter
- "Come get some."
- "Seriously? Again?"
- "Why don't you try to kill me right this time?"
- "A robot soldier is still a soldier."
- "I'd be a little more hopeful if you weren't so gutless."
- "So are you going to start fighting back, or....?"
- "Is your safety on? I couldn't tell because you haven't hit me yet."
- "Can't even off a manic-depressive suicidal man-bot. That is sad."
- "You couldn't hit the side of a barn. No, seriously. I'm the size of a fucking barn."
- "When will the killing end? Right after me, God willing."
- "That is your rifle, that is your gun. My guess is you're shooting blanks with both."
- "Looks like I need a real man to come finish me off."
- "Killroy was here!"
- "You can take the hideous robo-soldier out of the fight, but you can't take the fight out of the hideous robo-soldier."
- "That's all you got? Really? "
- "Wait! Take me with you!"
- "Lousy, no-good deserter!"
- "No going AWOL on my watch!"
- "You hear your mommy callin?"
- "I need backup!"
- "Send out more decoys- I mean men!"
- "Little help?"
- "Break's over, ladies. Let's move!"
- "Man down. Lucky bastard."
- "Him? You killed him?! I'm right here, you bastard!"
- "Man down!"
- "Taking casualties!"
- "Fire in the hole!"
- "Fresh pineapple!"
- "Aim right or don't aim at all."
- "Too damn slow."
- "Don't aim for where I am. Aim for where I'm going to be!"
- "Good to see you aren't any more competent."
- "Jab jab cross!"
- "Suck on that."
- "Son of a bitch!"
- "Direct hit."
- "Lucky shot."
- "What the hell?"
- "What was that?"
- "Gotta watch the terrain."
- "Where's the kill switch on this thing?"
- "You fried my backup drive!"
- "Attaboy! Make it quick!"
- "Ooooh. Felt that one in what used to be my spleen."
- "Aim for the face! The face!"
- "Ouch. Right in the old floppies."
- "A few more like that oughta do it."
- "Aw, don't be that way."
- "Shield's down."
- "Shields are down! Now's your chance!"
- "Shields compromised."
- "Shields are for pansies anyway."
- "I'm too old for this shit."
- "Gonna need a tune-up soon. Medic!"
- "I need a medpack or a car battery or somethin'."
- "Man, you are so close to killing me!"
- "At last, the final shutdown."
- "Finally. Sweet Release."
- "And if you ever bring me back again, I'll kill ya."
- "It's déjà vu all over again."
- His claptrap detail colors are the opposite of his old Crimson Lance colors. Red and yellow swapped places.