“Look out, everybody, things are about to get awesome!”
Gatling Gun is a legendary assault rifle in Borderlands 3 manufactured by Jakobs. It is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Billy, the Anointed located in Jakobs Estate on Eden-6.
Special Weapon Effects
Watch me crank it, watch me roll. – Fully automatic firing mode. High fire rate and magazine size, with fire rate increasing as it is fired.
Usage & Description
The Gatling gun provides an exceptional fire rate for a Jakobs weapon, with the fire rate increasing after sustained fire. Along with the high base damage, magazine size and ricochet ability, the Gatling Gun allows for a potentially powerful crowd-control weapon rivaling that of a Vladof assault rifle and should be used as such, though the user should be wary of it sharing the extremely high recoil of a normal Jakobs gun.
By heavily investing in the Bottomless Mags skill tree, Moze can further increase the Gatling Gun's capabilities. The Iron Bank will increase the weapon's magazine size while Forge will supply the ammo needed to maintain the Gatling Gun at its maximum fire rate.
- The Gatling Gun has a spooling duration before its fire rate can be reached.
- The Gatling Gun can only spawn with the Gatlin' hand-crank trigger. As a result, many Gatling Guns will spawn with the rather redundant name "Gatlin' Gatling Gun".
- The Gatling Gun is a returning weapon from Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel but as a legendary weapon.
- The Gatling Gun is fired by rotating a hand crank on the side, similar to a real Gatling gun.
- The flavor text is a reference to the song Crank That (Soulja Boy) by rapper Soulja Boy.