Fuel the Rampage is a tier 2 skill in Krieg's Mania skill tree. Krieg's Buzz Axe Rampage will cool down faster when taking damage and will recover even faster when taking direct health damage. Teammates can also damage him to speed up his action skill cooldown.
- Cooldown Recharge Bonus when Taking Damage: +20% per level
- Health Damage Bonus: +20% per level
- Friendly Fire Damage: 50% at level 1, with -5% each successive level and -4% at the last level.
|Bonus When Taking
|Bonus When Taking
Can only leveled past 5 with a Slab class mod.
- When playing alone, this skill is a highly effective way to recharge Buzz Axe Rampage quickly since the action skill already cools down faster when taking damage.
- As the number of allies on a team increases, Fuel the Rampage becomes more and more dangerous. At lower ranks, teammates can accidentally down Krieg from friendly fire. This becomes less of a problem when more ranks are invested in it, but highly damaging weapons can still heavily damage or outright incapacitate Krieg.
- This also becomes an issue when with an ally that has a high-level weapon. For example, a Conference Call at Overpower level 2 might have around 280,000 damage per pellet and due to the reverse recoil, it's very easy to have all 5 pellets hit Krieg at once, which easily incapacitates him at lower levels.
- Friendly NPCs can damage Krieg as well. While this isn't as much of a problem during the many missions in which Mordecai assists (since his attacks are all relatively low-damage), Lilith's phase-blasting in Hunting the Firehawk can be a serious hazard to Krieg's health.
- Fuel the Rampage can override Restoration with explosive weapons and melee attacks.
- If Krieg is equipped with an absorb shield, he will not receive a cooldown recharge whenever the shield absorbs projectiles.
- Krieg does not gain stacks of Salt the Wound when taking friendly fire damage while his shields are down.
- If Release the Beast is invested in, then Fuel the Rampage can become somewhat redundant since Release the Beast can be used to bypass cooldown times. On the other hand, if Krieg is leveled sufficiently enough that the enemies in an area do very little damage to him, it may become desirable to use Buzz Axe Rampage to deal with them. By the time Release The Beast is available, Fuel the Rampage will have almost certainly recharged Buzz Axe Rampage.
- An alternate use for this skill can be to have teammates attack Krieg to critical health where Release the Beast skill can be used immediately.
|Buzz Axe Rampage|