Request for Adminship
This may be a little non-conventional, but I'd like to nominate myself for sysop permissions. I've done some Template work on here, and can provide some valuable contributions to the MediaWiki namespace on this wiki as far as CSS styles and fixing up the sidebar, etc. I would probably also occasionally check in on the delete / speedy delete candidates and other necessary sysop-ly tasks. I am very willing to listen to other users opinions, and can definitely admit when I've messed up.
- 2,313 edits on Borderlands Wiki
- Specific contributions to this wiki:
- import Template:Navbox and clean-up html comments to allow it to coexist with Wikia's rich text editor. with sysop permissions, i could finish this template's CSS classes.
- create Template:Character Build based on User:Gourra's great work on the four templates it replaced. Also added several feature upgrades to it.
- import Template:Yes, Template:No
- import Template:This, Template:About, Template:Dablink (again, css work needed)
- import Template:Ombox (yet again, css work needed)
- import Template:Nowrap
- Move article-style content from top-level weapon categories into standalone articles. (ie from Category:Combat Rifles, etc)
Please note that I am providing this information as a list of credentials, like a resume, and not stating that I "deserve" this -- just that I would be able to put it to good use. If anyone has any questions or suggestions, please fire away.12:06, November 23, 2009 (UTC) (edited 07:24, November 25, 2009 (UTC))
If you can't even be bothered to chime in on a forum topic where we're discussing a standard for tables, I don't know if you can be bothered to pay attention to other discussions. At least Raisins went with the table standard, then griped about the former center alignment. --Lagged 17:39, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
That said, you do know how the internals work (templates, CSS) and the Wiki could certainly use someone to work on the speedy delete/delete candidates. Overall, LobStoR could make the Wiki better as an admin. --Lagged 20:36, November 23, 2009 (UTC)
Since most of the comments are generally supportive, and since LobStoR is a good candidate in my opinion as well, I just made him the newest admin. Currently there is only one other active admin, User:Alexandersig (I'm Wikia Staff so I don't really count ;) ), so the wiki definitely needed another new admin. LobStoR having CSS knowledge is a nice bonus, too. Because I gave LobStoR bureaucrat status, I advised him that if the community decides that more active admin are needed, to promote other good editors to admin. Congrats, LobStoR. JoePlay (talk) 21:01, November 27, 2009 (UTC)