Hey guys, I decided to use the forums to show my Roland Build I've been perfecting for a while. Its basically a bunker buster, intended to slay countless enemies while barely breaking a sweat. As such, it works EXTREMELY well in Horde Mode on Moxxi's, where I just drop a turret and watch heads roll, actually going TOWARDS the Horde with a close range weapon instead of away from it. Here it is (Please note that it uses the extra points from both DLC2 and DLC4 so that's why it says level 73):
|View on Official Skill Tree Calculator
|Tier||Infantry Tree||Support Tree||Medic Tree|
|Required Level: 73|
- A Rifleman Class Mod with +% Combat Rifle Damage and Recoil Reduction.
- A Panacea Shield with either good capacity or recharge rate.
- An Intense Destroyer with a good scope.
- Either a Serpens or a Draco for applying elements.
- An Ogre for your general all purpose machine gun.
- A Bastard with a high fire rate for late battle cleanup.
- A Rain Grenade Mod. If using a Serpens, use Incendiary. If using a Draco, use Corrosive.
- Level 6 Shock Elemental Artifact.
This build focuses primarily on crowd control with Combat Rifles/Machine Guns, Grenades and the Scorpio Turret.
With this build, you want to use your turret liberally, as both Deploy and Refire will make the cooldown almost non-existent. Most often when you need it, you will have it available, and trust me, you will need it a lot, as the build relies on Supply Drop to replenish ammo. You're also not going to need or want to be thrifty with the grenades either. Not only are they very powerful with Grenadier, but Grenadier also will regenerate at least one every time you kill something, and Supply Drop will help with that too.
This build does best when facing large groups of weaker enemies, and when following this general order:
- Pull out your Destroyer, scope up, and fire at one enemy, pulling the trigger only ONE TIME. This is because when scoped, one trigger pull unloads the entire magazine of the Destroyer. Very useful for getting your first kill in when moving in from long range. However, if you are ambushed, close range, or within your enemy's sight when entering combat, skip this step and move on to the next one.
- Drop a turret, making sure it is dropped in front of the enemy, not behind them and backpeddle so you maintain a decent range between you and the enemy.
- Throw a grenade (or a few of them) into the mob of enemies that start crowding the turret.
- Pull out your Draco or Serpens and fire at any enemies that went towards you instead, or are now heading your way.
- Switch to the Ogre for the rest of the battle and clean up with the Bastard if you need extra power at the end.
My Equipment Used
|Elemental Machine Gun:||Grenade Mod:|
|Cleanup Machine Gun:||Class Mod:|
|All-Purpose Machine Gun:|
- Furthermore, I have archived previous comments (see below). I also re-organized this section, and it now uses a template. 01:31, January 11, 2011 (UTC)